Sign in to follow this  
Batta

Level 1 GM stuck as invulnerable

I made one of my players a Level 1 GM (Hero), and she was unable to fight anything.  We tested her abilities, and she could use the #invis toggle but not the #invuln.  When we moved her up to the next GM level, she still was unable to toggle invulnerability off, so couldn't hunt.  Does anyone know what's happening?  Shouldn't a low level GM be able to fight?  There are no error messages, just nothing happens when she types #invuln.

5 hours ago, Ayluin said:

GM 3 is where #invuln comes in

What I mean is that my GM 1 is invulnerable, though we don't want her to be. 

All I want is to give a player minimal authority and power, not to make her completely unable to play because of forced invulnerability.  I'm trying to find out how to get rid of the invulnerability at low level GM.

Edited by Batta

Reported in Bug Reports here:

Unfortunately this hasn't been addressed. All GM levels are invulnerable by default in the current patch when they load into the world. The only options here are to promote to level 3 or mod in #invuln to work for GM 1. The only other option I can think of is activating a wand, specials, right clicking ground and setting to vulnerable, but I am not sure that will work either. I know of no mod that exists to change the existing #invuln GM power to allow level 1-2 to use it. Maybe it would be worth requesting someone to mod it in.

GM accounts in Wurm Online are separate from player accounts which is why this functionality exists. I don't even think it's a true bug, it's a decision by the Wurm team so that GM accounts aren't to be used as player accounts basically for the Wurm Online system. GM 1/2 levels exist to gather data and very little else. If the person can't log into two accounts, 1 as a player, 1 as a GM/staff role, then GM 3 is probably the best bet for what you are trying to accomplish.

Edited by Ayluin