Sign in to follow this  
Shrimpiie

Remove Cultivate Depth Restriction

So come to find out you can pack then pave tiles that are fully submerged(I would assume any depth but my tests were 25 dirt deep).

However, you cannot cultivate a tile should it be say the wrong one, perhaps just the NW corner is underwater, or even trying to remove reeds/kelp.

Sure of course you can drop dirt, then have the need to dredge it out, but that is a long roundabout way to correct the issue.

So simply, remove the restriction to depth for cultivation to make easier correction of packed tiles.

• Like 6

I shall now start clicking /like on the original post instead of replying with +1 (unless i have an opinion that doesn't plageurise the OP)

On 8/23/2019 at 10:38 AM, Shrimpiie said:

So come to find out you can pack then pave tiles that are fully submerged(I would assume any depth but my tests were 25 dirt deep).

However, you cannot cultivate a tile should it be say the wrong one, perhaps just the NW corner is underwater, or even trying to remove reeds/kelp.

Sure of course you can drop dirt, then have the need to dredge it out, but that is a long roundabout way to correct the issue.

So simply, remove the restriction to depth for cultivation to make easier correction of packed tiles.

+1. 

Add to that the ability to plant grass & trees on those tiles.  It's always been a minor burr under my saddle that there's always a few tiles that have to be dirt, disfiguring an otherwise pleasing view of your water line.  Once upon a time, when I was still new to Wurm, I tried to make a little pond with benches, grass, and willow trees. The picture in my head was a far cry from what it actually turned out like, due to all the stupid dirt tiles I could do nothing about without raising the offending corners above the water line which created a pond with square jagged lines, ruining the natural curves I'd created by having certain corners submerged in varying degrees.

Edited by Amadee

On 11/6/2019 at 11:19 AM, Amadee said:

+1. 

Add to that the ability to plant grass & trees on those tiles.  It's always been a minor burr under my saddle that there's always a few tiles that have to be dirt, disfiguring an otherwise pleasing view of your water line.  Once upon a time, when I was still new to Wurm, I tried to make a little pond with benches, grass, and willow trees. The picture in my head was a far cry from what it actually turned out like, due to all the stupid dirt tiles I could do nothing about without raising the offending corners above the water line which created a pond with square jagged lines, ruining the natural curves I'd created by having certain corners submerged in varying degrees.

Once upon a time I managed to workaround that by planting a tree, digging down the corner, then chopping the tree down. Grass remained. Not sure if it still works or not, but it has helped many shorelines.

• Like 1