Sign in to follow this  
Lightonfoot

All about books

Here's the wiki for book:

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Book

Interesting, but not mch iunformation. I looked att the wiki for paper sheet:

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Paper_sheet

So does that mean a maximum of 400 words, if everyting is quality 100? That's a solid amount of words per page, but only 10 pages in a book?

And no question marks?

Anyone who has used this can tell me how it compares to books in Ultima Online or, say, Asherons Call? i want o know how it compars to other MMORPGs.

It  baffles me it took this long for Wurm Online to finally have books. Writing books in Ultima ONline was easy. Sadly, not so easy here it looks like.

Edited by Lightonfoot
  • Like 1

Book UI is fairly primitive, and has no pages.

It annoys me to but what can we do. I haven't seen anyone make use of this because it's so bad.

Edited by Niki

I want to make books with collections of poems, ballads, and battle accounts but when books and the paper inside take damage even when placed as a decoration.... Having a little library is pointless.

Paper inside a placed book should take zero dmg, until this is fixed and the gui/process for writing is improved, it may as well be under the toys skill.

• Like 7

Making it so books dont decay would be amazing. Imagine if they had been in since the start, all the tales that could have been wrote in them... some deeds decay and the containers with it but leaves the books behind.

• Like 5

Books should decay, albeit slower on display.  Papar should only decay when outside of inventory or a book.  We cant imp paper, what if someone special wrote a letter... Would be sad to lose it.

The whole writing UI is just atrocious. Can't even press enter to start writing a new line. 

• Like 1

Bookshelves hold an inadequate amount of books to form a real library, and 10 pages per book? Total nonsense.

On 8/22/2019 at 11:02 PM, Lightonfoot said:

It  baffles me it took this long for Wurm Online to finally have books. Writing books in Ultima ONline was easy. Sadly, not so easy here it looks like.

Those of us who have played Ultima Online have experienced the positives of player book creations with their content stories. Even their bulletin boards were easy to use to post brief messages to anyone with no additional objects needed. If player created books were simplified within Wurm with this design just think of the stories that any player might choose to leave behind. Those who quietly leave the game never to be seen again might choose to leave a permanent note (books with no decay) within them. Some who are even close to departing that other world might make mention of this mystery of their missing within the game by a book note left behind where otherwise they might not choose to reveal their imminent demise. Actually, this method would be my preferred never to be seen again note of departure. Then someone sifting through the ruins of my deed might find it and either save it as a memento to show others or throw it in a trash bin as just another useless piece of junk.....

=Ayes=

• Like 2