Sign in to follow this  
Ghostofdeath

flashing and flat horses

just downloaded .exe file, the client is showing some strange things.  horses are sometimes underground, if not they flash in and out as i walk near them, or they end up looking like this:

https://imgur.com/a/UxDXz5P

Do you happen to have a laptop with switchable graphics? It's possible that the updated client "lost" the instruction telling it to use the dedicated graphics card rather than a power saving intel graphics. That often made NPCs such as guards and horses have strange contorted bodies.

Another possibility is if the graphics driver is especially old. You can't just rely on Windows Update telling you you have the best possible driver. Look under Control Panel > System >  Device Manager > Display Adapters > Properties and see what the date it is showing on the properties tab for the graphics. If it is more than 2-3 years old, give some info on your computer model and we can see about tracking down a better driver.

Also check in your Wurm directory for console.charactername.log and hs_err_pid#  and post both of those here if possible (ask if you are not sure how)

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

says 2015 on drivers tab, also says  everything is up to date

have a intel quad core n and j series

Edited by Ghostofdeath

Ok those are  just the CPU but not the coomputer model. You have no dedicated graphics card, only an intel chipset for graphics?  This is an old post below on problems with distorted animals using intel graphics, but I haven't really kept up on the new client and how it handles Intel, you can check and see if the new client still allows you to disable GLSL although with many intel users, that simply switches the distortion from the NPCs to the distorted ground textures

@Samoo, the game dev who handles graphics stuff, would know more about whether there are any workarounds that may help intel users with the new client, if he sees this.

Also do I understand you have been playing for a few years now and this problem only just started? Is it the same computer as before? Are you sure the computer has no ATI-Radeon-NVidia-Geforce dedicated gaming card, only the intel?

its a desktop and intel chip, how do i get into my wurm directory? Ive had this pc for 4 years its only started acting up the last month

Hmm, I am not sure where you might have installed it, I usually install to something like C:\Games\Wurm but that is not the default location.

You can try for now disabling GLSL and see what that does. To do this, click on the GEAR icon, then COMPATABILITY tab, then switch GLSL to DISABLED or EXTENSION

(try one then the other after seeing what the change is ingame). If neither one helps, switch it back to CORE again:

disableGLSL.png

It's possible you had done this before years ago but forgot, and lost the setting when you reinstalled, or something ... its a workaround a lot of Intel graphics users have used over the years since the game often has issues with the intel chipset.