Sign in to follow this  
Sila

NEW from GLASSHOLLOW! RENT MERCHANT AT GHM for FREE

Hello!

you can now rent your very own merchant at GHM for free. Just send me pm here or ingame as Paulofdune.

How stuff work?

You come and pay 1 time 7silver coins and enjoy your merchant.  Once you dont want it anymore or you sold all your stock just trade merchant contact back to me and i will pay you 7silver coins....

Dont got any coins?  No problem we can exchange in stuff like high ql tools, hota statues,  rares....  aprox market price of 7s 

In founds for this project now 7 empty merchant contacts and more then 120 silver coins.

What you can loose?  just start making money today!

Edited by Sila

You come and pay 1 time 7silver coins and enjoy your merchant.

The thread title seems incredibly misleading if you're calling it "free" and charging 7 silvers.

Charging 7s while providing an return policy doesn't sound "free" to me.

Edited by Ostentatio

1 hour ago, Ostentatio said:

The thread title seems incredibly misleading if you're calling it "free" and charging 7 silvers.

You pay 7 silver once and once you're done, you'll get that 7 silver back. It's free by technicallity, basically just "give me this so you don't run off with my merchant and screw me over"

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

Based on game mechanics it’s the only option to really rent the merchant

consider it a deposit of sorts. 🤷‍♂️

As Xor said, it's called a "renter's deposit", same as if you were moving into an apartment you pay a one-time fee (for covering potential damages, etc) and you are reimbursed it upon moving out, provided you didn't cause damages, etc.

22 hours ago, Madnath said:

You pay 7 silver once and once you're done, you'll get that 7 silver back.

So long as that player is still logging in and playing...

29 minutes ago, As_I_Decay said:

So long as that player is still logging in and playing...

It looks like you get the merchant contract. So worst case you just sell that if they never log in.

What actually worries me is this:

On 8/17/2019 at 11:04 PM, Sila said:

Dont got any coins?  No problem we can exchange in stuff like high ql tools, hota statues,  rares....  aprox market price of 7s 

Who's deciding the offered goods are worth 7S??

Is it the one "renting" the contract; is it the one currently owning the contract but renting it out to another player; is it a GM or is it someone else?

Not to mention, what happens to the goods that are exchanged for the contract? Are those kept in stock up to the moment the player returns  the contract, are they being sold and if so at what price? Because of the goods are sold at a higher price as the before mentioned 7s, what happens to the difference in price? Is that going to be returned to the player who exchanged the goods for the contract or is it considered profit to the one previously owning the contract?

I see way to many shady things in this idea to consider it a good idea.

Thorin :)

It's not in merchant ads, it's an open thread @xana section where anyone could comment on it, maybe that was the start of it? idk.. I just joined the hyped topic

43 minutes ago, LionIX said:

I don't really get all the skepticism in this thread...

Agreed. I'm not a huge fan of Glasshollow Market, but littering their thread with words like 'misleading' and 'shady' reeks of unwarranted bad faith.

Re 'misleading': The OP explains how it works clearly. And paying a fully refundable deposit for an open-ended period of use actually fits very comfortably within the definition of 'rent free'.

1 hour ago, Thorinoakshield said:

Who's deciding the offered goods are worth 7S??

Is it the one "renting" the contract; is it the one currently owning the contract but renting it out to another player; is it a GM or is it someone else?

Not to mention, what happens to the goods that are exchanged for the contract? Are those kept in stock up to the moment the player returns  the contract, are they being sold and if so at what price? Because of the goods are sold at a higher price as the before mentioned 7s, what happens to the difference in price? Is that going to be returned to the player who exchanged the goods for the contract or is it considered profit to the one previously owning the contract?

I'd assume that the two players wanting to make the transaction would come to an agreement on value – like every other trade in the game. And seriously, where on Wurm is the idea coming from that a GM would be assigning value to goods? 🤔 I just ... nope, no words.

As for what happens at the end, the OP states they pay back 7s once you want out. So going on that, I'd assume if you opt to pay in items, those items then become their property to do with as they please.

Really don't see how any of this qualifies as 'shady'. People are free to make choices, and this has real potential to be a win-win arrangement for some players.

• Like 1

Honestly I think this is an excellent idea.. and one id offer at any market I ran in the future as well. 

I'd bring my own merchant maybe.. no benefits to buy overpriced one from somebody else, benefit is placing it there.. that's all

and the market takes a cut from every purchase..

makes no sense to turn off profits just to make 2-3 silvers more from overpricing merchant contracts.

YET, it's a business model, whoever's ok with it.. go for it, as long the one you trade with never goes away on vacation when you need to trade back - no harm done if like the offer.

29 minutes ago, Finnn said:

I'd bring my own merchant maybe.. no benefits to buy overpriced one from somebody else, benefit is placing it there.. that's all

and the market takes a cut from every purchase..

makes no sense to turn off profits just to make 2-3 silvers more from overpricing merchant contracts.

YET, it's a business model, whoever's ok with it.. go for it, as long the one you trade with never goes away on vacation when you need to trade back - no harm done if like the offer.

If we break it down what do you get back on a trade when you purchase the contract? 2.5-3s?

so it sounds like they’re just making the offer for perhaps convenience, it didn’t sound like a requirement. Whether it works for someone or not it’s just an offer. I might take them up on it if I had a bunch of bulls to unload or something for example, and had reason to drop a merchant. 

Also as far as worst

case scenario you get the contract and they disappear and the deed disbands.. you still have the contract which should resell for 5-7s too so the risk is minimal really. Merchant contracts have always sold so quickly and been so slow to buy, at least in my experience.. that this seems like a completely reasonable offer 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Xor said:

so it sounds like they’re just making the offer for perhaps convenience, it didn’t sound like a requirement. Whether it works for someone or not it’s just an offer. I might take them up on it if I had a bunch of bulls to unload or something for example, and had reason to drop a merchant. 

On 8/18/2019 at 12:04 AM, Sila said:

How stuff work?

You come and pay 1 time 7silver coins and enjoy your merchant.  Once you dont want it anymore or you sold all your stock just trade merchant contact back to me and i will pay you 7silver coins....

In founds for this project now 7 empty merchant contacts and more then 120 silver coins.

What you can loose?  just start making money today!

I read that as requirement, there's no alternative option mentioned.

I'm commenting the written, not the motives, etc

sila's chilling, will eventually reply here and fix the 'ad', than randoms will pm him and still do business, no bad advertising, all the steam around this just helps it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LionIX said:

I don't really get all the skepticism in this thread...

You would, if you knew that Sila have been making false assumptions about price checks made by (an)other player(s); clearly stating in both trade and GL chat that the player was intending to sell items freely imped at an impalong and even refusing to withdraw those statements after several players mentioned that the one doing the price check managed to get enough skill to create / imp items to a certain level at the impalong. And yes, there's evidence of  that.

You also would, if you had known that Sila had been placing multiple merchants at his market deeds, leaving room for only one or two competitors and while Sila was able to split the items, the competitors had to sell all their items at one merchant, thus being less competition.

8 hours ago, Gwyn said:

Agreed. I'm not a huge fan of Glasshollow Market, but littering their thread with words like 'misleading' and 'shady' reeks of unwarranted bad faith.

Re 'misleading': The OP explains how it works clearly. And paying a fully refundable deposit for an open-ended period of use actually fits very comfortably within the definition of 'rent free'.

I'd assume that the two players wanting to make the transaction would come to an agreement on value – like every other trade in the game. And seriously, where on Wurm is the idea coming from that a GM would be assigning value to goods? 🤔 I just ... nope, no words.

As for what happens at the end, the OP states they pay back 7s once you want out. So going on that, I'd assume if you opt to pay in items, those items then become their property to do with as they please.

Really don't see how any of this qualifies as 'shady'. People are free to make choices, and this has real potential to be a win-win arrangement for some players.

In all fairness, but it's the word "aproximately" that's making me wonder who's setting the price.

I know Sila wants to make money at all times, hence all the market deeds he got. Who's saying he won't offer a lower price for the goods until he got the 7s, and selling them for a proper price afterwards? After all, his markets are all aimed at making a profit.

Not to mention, if you sell items over a NPC merchant, prices are set. Prices between players aren't and it's very likely that what one considers a fair price, another would consider as either too low or too high.

So I'm just curious about who's setting those prices and the example of using a GM for that was just that; an example.

Thorin :) 

guys always making drama, i take your hota dragon for 7s exchange! :D :D  heh   stilll many merchants out for rent!  PM ME

Edited by Sila

On 9/25/2019 at 8:08 PM, Madnath said:

You pay 7 silver once and once you're done, you'll get that 7 silver back. It's free by technicallity, basically just "give me this so you don't run off with my merchant and screw me over"

if i say that is free, belive me its free of charge

Lets settle on 'it's a marketing trick to lure the kids in the candy van'

As long there is nobody harmed, you chose to get on it on your own, plain and simple, if you're scared from spiders, trolls and bears.. don't go in the forest.

Glad to see RMT is in effect lol, and the glasshollow gang might close down now, it is a good day for wurm

7s its a colateral damage. Plain and simple. If i was renting the merchant i would ask for colateral plus 50c a month renting fee