Sign in to follow this  
Oblivionnreaver

Normalize weapon characteristic gains

Currently, characteristic checks on melee weapons use your skill in the weapon as the diff, which means that unless you're already an uber strong account, or constantly swap weapons+use low ql no coc (which you can only do a limited amount of times before you run out of weapons to grind) you're going to blaze past the optimal skilling zone and face ever decreasing characteristic gains, which is kind of weird as it penalizes you for only using one weapon, and it's not like weapon skill does much past 50 anyway.

Ideally, i think it should work one of two ways

1. Use Characteristic - 20 for the characteristic skill check, making it work like how skilling weapon works, you just want to hit and kill as many things as fast as possible for the best possible characteristic skillgain

2. Make the diff based on the CR of the mob you're fighting, so at lower levels fighting easier mobs is the best skillgain, whereas at the higher levels fighting strong mobs, as well as conditioned/champion versions would be your best characteristic gains, rewarding hunting down stronger mobs instead of just clearing areas of mobs entirely.

Edited by Oblivionnreaver
  • Like 6

Like +3 difficulty per CR maybe. Yes this thing has made me suffer really badly, because I spend a lot of time hunting, and once I'm past like 40 weapon skill the difference is gigantic in skilling. Everyone plays Wurm the way they want to... Why penalize them in characteristics for fighting of all the bloody things? GIGANTIC +1 from me as this issue has made me suffer a lot... In order to get stronger, instead of fighting of all the things I have to go in the woods and chop wood. It makes no sense, I'm at like almost 95 staff skill and my skillgain rate per hit is no joke 1/200 The way it works now benefits those who have super high body strength/control, like wth.

Edited by Wiolo

hopefully this is looked at. characteristics should be looked at as a whole.

Bump, it's still awful, just like how bad weapon parent skill gains are

It's starting to not effect me as much because i'm a super strong boi who can get strength gains on 90 diff actions but still bad

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

bump dude, just bumpin real hard rn

it doesn't make any sense as is, pls change

I decided to boycott weapons untill they adress this injustice and only use my hands instead.

Curently studying unarmed combat:

4 hours ago, Cipacadrinho said:

right jaw bone slap sends you "to sleep"(unconscious), actual slap optional, ez win

Edited by Finnn