Sign in to follow this  
Autumnoc

Traveling NPC with quest strings

I don't know how heavy on game performance this would be, yet after the Independence Anniversary event, coupled with valrei mission avatars, I got to thinking. 

CcXvBIZ.png

-     Would it be to much on the game to have NPC's in different outfits roaming either near starter towns along the highway system routs or for any linkage route for that matter.  First it would give the game a bit more of a living feel. 

When traveling, places are empty alot giving the impression no life or energy of activity about. 

-     Let's also add to it the ability to tie missions to them such as the bartender in the starter town has run out of rye, please find Abe the farmer last seen near Agricularia Homestead and ask him for a bushel of rye, then make a satchel and  return to the bartender. 

-     Are these not modulated nodes that could be easily programmed on the trader routes and lets say rewards are a bit different also, some type of archeo fragment of usefulness

jeTn3DB.jpg

Edited by Autumnoc
  • Like 1

They cant get hellhorses to stop getting stuck on cave walls and horses and cows sticking their heads halfway out their stone wall pens, I can't imagine they could get npcs to walk through an ever-changing landscape. Next thing you know you'll have some rando npc phasing through your house wall or walking in circles inside your farm while being unable to move them out.

Edited by Angelklaine

Or someone with a deed full of NPCs fenced in like a Champion mob Zoo

Seems you should be able to tie such NPCs to walk the highways only, which are protected. NPC's with quests attached to them, such as a bartender, could be located in a starter village where they would be protected from player interference as well, such as being fenced in.  

I like the overall idea in the OP.

+1

Edited by Thalius