Sign in to follow this  
Kasumi

[Fixed] Dyeable barding weird colour on gold horses

Dyed barding changes colour when put on golden horses. Seems to be the correct colour on all the other different horse colours, just golden horses giving the issue. 

Not sure if the same happens on the 'gold' equivalent of hell horses as I don't have one to test on

PS. On closer inspection EVERYTHING on the gold horse looks a bit off in colour, saddles and saddlebags too......  Feels like there's a gold colour overlay happening on top of all the equipment

What it should look like :

RJkYHEP.jpg

What it looks like on a gold horse :

xrBZQma.jpg

I would guess it is probably the base (material) colour of the gold horse model, which is probably set to gold or yellow too.  The material colour affects the final colour of the horse and the way it reflects light and thus how it looks with any textures applied.

When the gear is added to the horse, it becomes part of the horse model too.  The original horse material colour is applied to the whole model including barding. saddle, bridle etc. giving a gold hue.

The other horses (particularly the grey-scale ones) probably have a plain white base material colour, and so the gear is not affected.

To be on the safe side I would double check the old brown horses too, as they may have originally been given a slight material colour, although not as noticeable.

Edited by Muse