Sign in to follow this  
Bloodscythe

Open Note to Wurmians

Well said I love the community and the game play , yes I have become a merchant in the game to do so. Yet I find it fun going to places trying to get lost to stumble onto the next treasure I may find along and adventure along the road. Often I find myself at awe at the crazy parts of Wurm online. Even though I have just started this game there is so much tension in the air. It seems that people think they have to battle over things when stuff can be figured out and if people worked together rather then fight over the little things wurm is great. Were it helps is when you can get into the community and find people that have played this game for a long time. If anyone wishes for fun they should stop trolling over little things look at wurm and get into a big community project. I love the little alliance I am part of so many helpful people playing that brought me up as a new player were I once was digging. Then building the dirt right back up because I was tabbed playing wile they were all laughing and getting a good kick out of watching me do the same event over and over. That is what makes wurm fun the odd things the unique events , not the fact that everyone plays in a different way. We should all treasure our own time and find something unique that passes our way and also if you ever find yourself in release bloodscythe your welcome to come by and I would stop everything to give you fun without really thinking about my little wurm body dying and loosing skill . Pffft to that is half the fun !

• Like 1

5 hours ago, darrellbeaugez said:

Well said I love the community and the game play , yes I have become a merchant in the game to do so. Yet I find it fun going to places trying to get lost to stumble onto the next treasure I may find along and adventure along the road. Often I find myself at awe at the crazy parts of Wurm online. Even though I have just started this game there is so much tension in the air. It seems that people think they have to battle over things when stuff can be figured out and if people worked together rather then fight over the little things wurm is great. Were it helps is when you can get into the community and find people that have played this game for a long time. If anyone wishes for fun they should stop trolling over little things look at wurm and get into a big community project. I love the little alliance I am part of so many helpful people playing that brought me up as a new player were I once was digging. Then building the dirt right back up because I was tabbed playing wile they were all laughing and getting a good kick out of watching me do the same event over and over. That is what makes wurm fun the odd things the unique events , not the fact that everyone plays in a different way. We should all treasure our own time and find something unique that passes our way and also if you ever find yourself in release bloodscythe your welcome to come by and I would stop everything to give you fun without really thinking about my little wurm body dying and loosing skill . Pffft to that is half the fun !

Ah this was such great read, I read it twice.  Like cornbread sopped into some left gravy on a plate I had to savor again and catch each bit.   You truly captured the essence of a wurm i know, started with, remember through out.  Much the same as you noted the climate of late being tense..so many have concurred that it must be so.  One pm I received intimated it may just be cyclical and they've seen it do such before and passes to resume this quirky great place we love.  Likely some purging or flushing happens.  There are many ways to play and great people out there and things afoot to do, i'm quite happy to hear you are doing just that in a jovial way.  It shows also in your chat and each time i've pm'd you about some archeo item you have up for sale.  I can tell you are having a good time and that overflows onto others...ty for the time and thoughts here, for it made my day.  Logging into wurm I received some challenging news so the ebb n flow  , trials and triumphs continue.  May your exploring keep you uncovering a bounty or richness in many dimensions!!

• Like 1

As someone who has had a lot of ups and downs in this game mostly with other players I understand that you are thinking to just leave the game.

I don’t know the story of what exactly happened, but when you keep walking into the same problem(s) with players or a player it will make you question if its still worth it. And can definitly ruin your fun. And you will lose motivation and inspiration.

No matter how strong of a person you are.. If it happens enough times it will start to eat you.

I would be a hypocrite to say you shouldn’t quit, but I would surely hate to see you go.

From the times that we have talked i think you are one of the good ones here in wurm.. This post is from august so maybe you have found some new inspiration.

Some people need a break, but I doubt that won’t change what you feel is your problem as people will always always be people. Some react positively and some negatively.

I think you can get a lot of wisdom from the things you told me about the things I went through in wurm and that there are still good/respectful players, and at one point you have to let go of it and try to find that happiness again.

Surely things have changed a lot in the wurm community but dont stop being yourself. Ever.

You know I know how it feels to be ignored. But it turned out when that person told me his side about 3,5 years later, he had a good and reasonable reason ;)

Being ignored might not even be about you.. like it wasn’t about me in my experience.

And not everybody will always like what you have to say, how you say it or how much you say it.

I would hate to see a good player go.. Goodluck!

Edited by SweetSusie
  • Like 1

I enjoyed reading about your playing experience. You seem like a good person to know. I hope you stay. The game would be a lesser place without  you.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SweetSusie said:

No matter how strong of a person you are.. If it happens enough times it will start to eat you.

From the times that we have talked i think you are one of the good ones here in wurm.. This post is from august so maybe you have found some new inspiration.

Some people need a break, but I doubt that won’t change what you feel is your problem as people will always always be people. Some react positively and some negatively.

I think you can get a lot of wisdom from the things you told me about the things I went through in wurm and that there are still good/respectful players, and at one point you have to let go of it and try to find that happiness again.

And not everybody will always like what you have to say, how you say it or how much you say it.

TY Sweetsusie, yes we've had good chats about things that happen in wurm, toxic players, and how to find your own path of happiness in wurm and how someone' else's misery is not your own nor do you own it.

Yes this post was from some time ago yet has a timeless aspect that speaks to an issue not something specific to me, for many before and after will go through similar.  Some players who are unpleasant are knowingly doing it in a loss of self control and some willful shadenfreude.  Others simply lack the capacity to see things from another's pov or empathize either due to maturity or something more serious in the disorder category.  Either way for the most part i've moved on and made changes that reduce the issue to where it belongs.  In each instance of feeling bewildered or thought to quit, I've sought sound advice elsewhere to ensure what i see going on is so and my own perspective is in check.  I'm assured not only yes but that i've wasted time blaming myself or thinking there was something I could do to fix it in others wasting efforts there as well for those types won't change or can't change.  Oddly these very people that may knowingly or unknowingly cause disruption or unpleasantness for another dismiss your emotional reaction and value of, are the very same that over react and in almost a hyper state when anything is directed at them in some manner.  This really highlights that it's more about emotional immaturity and underdevelopment and not being able to handle such things in a balanced manner than anything you've actually said or done.  perhaps this is why some are so dismissive of another's discussion of how a player can make them feel, not being able to deal with that within.  

In short, I found it easier to distance myself from negative or boisterous people for they cause some vexation to my spirit.  The absence of it gives me harmony and happiness and allows me to appreciate the longstanding friends I've had in game where not once ever has an issue come up or a hiccup if so, was discussed and resolved quickly.  This owes much to respect for the other and some emotional/social maturity.  So I choose where I dwell and find like minded people congregate.  Misery likes it's own company and makes it's own groupies, and so does happiness.  It is an interactive game of many types of people from many places with many things going on so it's no wonder it doesn't always work but when it goes beyond that, there's something more going on and it's best to just say clear of it where possible.  Really this post is less about me and more about universal laws of truth in human behavior and just as posted , an open note to all wurmians to be conscious and cognizant of their own behavior and actions and the impact on others and to build a better Wurm community for it.

• Like 2

Scientists say Humans are 93% predictable

There is a bit of shared connection going on I think. A bit of angst feeding back in itself but overall I think people have real issues contributing that are still feeding back in on itself.
I try to press on through it. I'm not unaffected by it but I tend to come out of it better than I went in.
I'd like to give this the length of post that it deserves but I'll let others do what they will with it.

I think alot of the players realise Wurm isn't a game you just simply walk away from , as many of us filtered in from other games - we've tried the best & we've prolly tried the rest & we still came to the same conclusion

I recently considered leaving which is part of how I connected to this post but what I related to is we really really really like Wurm.

I hope players stay around to at least see how it goes - For me the decison to stay depended on the outbreak of WW3 which has been prophecised that we are either suppose to be going through now or soon .. You've been through Wurmageddon & this isn't an end of the world question..? lol  --  I admire the Vets of the game alike Archiles [The Matrix:] 'Why won't you die.!?' "Because I apply an age reduction rune..*facepalm"
I stayed & then we got news of the arrivial of a planter box farming system

Edited by Seraph

To be honest, i think you are one of the "good guys" out there and i truly hope to see more of you and your example in this game and hopefully it picks up for the rest as well. For me... reading the forums and only seeing the negativity in the air, it starts to eat me and make me a negative person as well sadly, i have had more burnouts this year than any other to be honest and its mostly because of the negativity/toxicity that roams freely in here and in RL the same time. Sure there is a lot to fix and sure devs do make mistakes like any of us, but sometimes we are a bit too harsh on them... mostly because of frustration, broken promises, negativity and that toxicity that roams around freely catches on people. Those in mind, i decided its better to leave chaos life behind and disband our kingdom due to RL issues members have and just stop trying, we are remembered as "wagon kingdom", yet all the money went to upkeeps of kingdom and for members, but trolls be trolls. 'Enemies' we currently have are the type of people i hate to play against, those are the types of people who doesn't care of anything except winning, even if its by exploits, alt armies or whatever, but winning is winning right? Sure it is, but to what end. 

So glad that i moved back to freedom, had a trip from Glasshollow to Esteron with my bros without a mount, sadly i only saw 2 people on the whole trip and overall the trip was too easy, used in-game map only and a compass..mostly the way was walking on highways. Now on a new project and hopefully it gives enough motivation to keep playing, i have had enough of the exploiters and the meta gaming. Wurm is great game although its flaws and it use to have great community, too bad, some have deceased, quit the game due to various reasons and only new blood that we get, doesn't know about the "gentleman's code" like we had several years ago and the actual meaning of community or maybe i have wasted too much time in Chaos that i am foreign now on the freedom lands. Anyways i hope to see you more in-game and if you like to join our small Xanadu alliance in some manner, give a shout. I'm one of the crazy people that just likes to grind and visualize new stuff... Keep on wurming and hopefully the negative atmosphere dies soon, for all our sakes.

Try being optimistic and share your view about topics, don't just consume that negativity, do not be toxic optimist.. but, whenever you see a derp scary stuff .. fight them with positiveness, when possible..

Blood's one of the worst... and a few others... in GL-chat, they seem to keep people entertained and keep the chat alive and fun.. terrible people. I manage to kill chat when possible(somehow I.. sometimes do manage..), but they revive it and it all goes again, bringing life in the game with the talks, well even when none of them makes sense, it's fun time.

Spoiler

dat above was a joke if it's not clear.. but parts are obviously true, if you aren't new, you'll figure them

PVP metas is what kills pvp, but until that is discussed with the devs to clean up them .. nothing will change, or it's going to be a lot slower, in wurm terms could take years(out of sight, out of mind.. to fix)

i didn't know how to delete this post so i edited it

Edited by Seraph