Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Valrei International. 089

F9vZJHY.png

Blocks wee castle - Block

Greetings Wurmians!

I'm back (yep, not rid of me!) after a short break to bring you all the latest news of what I and the dev team have been up to, so let's get into it!

Mysteries afoot

Some recent rumours have been spreading about strange creatures being sighted, to investigate we sent intrepid explorer (this ain't his first day at kindergarten), Jack A. Lormere of the prestigious Lormere family on from Xanadu to investigate these claims. We received one message back, which we've been able to transcode into this link: https://vocaroo.com/i/s14Vyj5cinbH

Any attempts to contact Jack have since gone silent... But we're left with many questions, what was that sound, and what became of Jack A. Lormere? 

Merchandise (show off your wurm!) 

Ever want your own wurm online shower curtain? No, well now you might! We've teamed up with Redbubble and have now launched our official merchandise via their print on demand site. This means you can order posters of the ingame maps, wurm logo merchandise, an soon to be more! If you have ideas for what you'd like to see let us know, and we'll try make it happen!

Check out the merchandise here:

https://www.redbubble.com/people/WurmOnline?asc=u

Stream stuff

We've been trialing our new chillstreams with the focus being on the soundtrack and ambiance of Wurm. It's been a pretty cool thing to set up and check out, with a lot more focus on the actions and sounds of Wurm, we'll be running these on Tuesdays and Thursdays as we tweak it, so tune in and check it out! Tomorrows will be smithing in the mine, I've got my gear all ready, my mismatched smith all setup, and will be starting that from 12AM UTC!

You can also catch our old streams on YouTube! We have an official YouTube channel setup and it'd be great to hit the 100 subscribers to it to give us a custom emote. We'll be uploading all Twitch streams to it as well as some sneak peeks and more soon, so check it out here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9pnMrLxEeDELcH1gHctgjw

With hitting affiliate, we're also working on official emotes for Wurm, including Rolf face, a question mark bag, and the ever valuable GoldenRolf too! 

BCTfPT0.png

Passing of Eir

It was some sad news to announce with the passing of Eir/Qualia, a really long term member of the community who unfortunately passed away from her battle with cancer. It's been amazing to see everyone come together to share their experiences and interactions with her, including a sighting of Rolf! See? he's totally not locked in our basement...

That's it from us this week, as we're packing our tents and our saddlebags and going off hunting after Jack, fingers crossed we can retrieve some evidence of his adventures...

Until then though, keep on Wurming!

Retrograde & the Wurm team

• Like 14

49 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

he's totally not locked in our basement...

Mind if I check the attic?

1 minute ago, Emoo said:

JACKALS ARE COMING!!!

As long as they bring Mountain Gorillas with them, I'm good, oh and non aggro, like boars .....

Dang, that's Hyenas I was thinking of ....

Edited by Zenity
  • Like 1

Jack A. Lope sends his regards

NKNjCbN.png

Edited by Alyeska
  • Like 7

I don't get it...Recording sounded like a car speeding by to me.  Not an animal at all... Am I missing something?  Mystery indeed!

Clearly an oliphant. Yes, oliphant.

Oh, and if youve had a traditional coffee mug in that shop (unless im blind) i would have thrown some money at my screen.

Frontier takes place on a new tropical biome island with new creatures "dinosaurs" may or may not be considered a Ark clone with a Wurm twist, calling it. We can harvest coconuts for real. ??

4 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Mysteries afoot

Some recent rumours have been spreading about strange creatures being sighted, to investigate we sent intrepid explorer (this ain't his first day at kindergarten), Jack A. Lormere of the prestigious Lormere family on from Xanadu to investigate these claims. We received one message back, which we've been able to transcode into this link: https://vocaroo.com/i/s14Vyj5cinbH

Any attempts to contact Jack have since gone silent... But we're left with many questions, what was that sound, and what became of Jack A. Lormere

maybe is this guy:

• Like 4

first I thought dinosaur, then I thought elephant but now I'm thinking mammoth... 

• Like 3

Could it be a lion? Might fit with my most recent discovery while out searching... Or it could just be...

a very upset lion, a rhino, or any of a number of dinos :D

Steampunk  battle royal with dinos carrying pitch forks and torches .

Adding giant gold fish to make the water less borring for server crossing ..

Redbubble was a great choice, got some shirt from them and they keep up really nice, even after washing em many times.

• Like 1

I'm betting the wooly mammoth , Tuktut Tuktut!!

clever how you dropped that sound at the end of one of your steams as well.  Looking forward to it..perhaps we can have a travoy to store things in and drag behind

5kBLNwC.jpg

The partnership with red bubble for  wurm insignia a great start.  To support efforts I bought some things..to give others an idea ,  I bought the maps I've lived on, in postcard form and will hand frame them all with some sanded and stained molding.  This will make a tasteful assortment on any wall for their size is perfect giving an antiques explorer feel and upon closer inspection how bout that it's maps of wurm.

Well Done!!

Edited by Bloodscythe
  • Like 1

I would like to have a coffee/tea cup.

Spoiler

Farewell Eir/Qualia, albeit i didn't knew you.

May your spirit walk free.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Karidwen said:

The sound really resembles those of woolly mammoths ... ?

both biomes work for me

make tundra actually look snowy pls devs

also add temperature to the game, let us plan our attire correctly.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Beewolf said:

I would like to have a coffee/tea cup.

Reveal hidden contents

Farewell Eir/Qualia, albeit i didn't knew you.

May your spirit walk free.

Same here that would be something I would use daily.

Some t-shirts would be great too, not with map prints though. Simple Wurm logo and maybe a funny saying/caption like wurm cookie thing or many others from over the years.

Wurm logo mugs and t shirts are available, adding some text might be fun as long as we can find something decent