Sign in to follow this  
Gwyn

Allow Deity Favour Contributions to Count towards Rite Journal Goal (Benediction Tier)

At present, completing the 'Participate in a Rite' journal goal is linked to a massive reward but – for the vast majority of players – completing it has nothing to do with effort and everything to do with dumb luck. Below is another idea for mitigating this randomness and giving players greater control over their goal progression.

First mentioned (to my knowledge) about two weeks ago in another thread:

Spoiler

Suggestion:

Expand the 'Cast a Global Spell' journal goal to include prayer (and possibly sermon) contributions to the deity favour pool. Once a character has contributed a total of 10k deity favour (10% of the total req'd) to successfully performed rites, the goal requirements are satisfied.

The point is threefold:

1. To ensure a link between effort/difficulty and reward (which does not actually exist at present)
  2. To give casual players who cannot always be online at just the right time a reasonable chance at completing the goal
  3. To give Ritual of the Sun and Rite of Death casting priests a reasonable chance at completing the goal
Edited by Gwyn
Spoiler fail / clarity
  • Like 2

I think 10k is too low you can do that fairly fast but I'm down with the basic concept

• Like 1

I'd much rather see a fairer system in play. I've said before that the number of points needed for a rite should be flexible to give priests of lesser used gods a fair chance. Maybe it could use a number of priests and followers for the month as a snapshot per server and have the number set? Maybe it changes each week based on the amount of followers and priests on the server? Maybe missions could count towards the favour pool? Either way, certains gods are shafted and it shows. If a change is made to how the rite is casted to make it fairer for everyone, gods of lower follower count need to be looked at also.

• Like 1