Sign in to follow this  
Carnaxus

[WU] Insane lag while launcher is loading

Wurm Unlimited isn't the only game that does this, but it's one of only a handful out of all the games I've ever played.  When I launch WU, my entire computer lags for about a minute.  When I say lags, I mean my cursor moves in bursts of about 10 pixels at a time, and it doesn't respond to clicks at all; nothing else works either, including my Logitech G13 gamepad's buttons that I have mapped to media control.  Oddly, any sounds that were playing at the time the lag began work normally, no stuttering or anything.  Here's a video showing the problem.

It's not my computer.  I just bought an EVGA 2080 Ti Kingpin, after all, and the rest of the computer is similarly powerful.

it's an issue with dual screens and LWJGL unfortunately, we're working on it but it's not something simple on our end

Wait, it's a dual-screen issue?...That's...quite possibly the strangest bug I think I've ever heard of.

Dare I suggest reaching out to Mojang?  I've had one or two Minecraft modpacks in older versions that had this same issue, but no version older than 1.6.4 has ever had the issue.

No need, we know its lwjgl 2 causing it, and we've moved WO to lwjgl 3 and WU should get it at some point

I had the same thing, after updating my video drivers the issue has gone away.  Maybe a place to start?

On 8/12/2019 at 11:48 PM, Retrograde said:

No need, we know its lwjgl 2 causing it, and we've moved WO to lwjgl 3 and WU should get it at some point

Ah.  Looking forward to that update then!

21 hours ago, Nomadikhan said:

I had the same thing, after updating my video drivers the issue has gone away.  Maybe a place to start?

I forgot to mention this in my first post, but my drivers are up to date.  Windows 10 won't let me have it any other way...

I know this is asking for above-and-beyond service, but...would it be possible for someone to post in this thread when that update happens?  ?

Actually, here's an interesting question: Does (or rather "did") LWJGL 1 have this issue?  Not that I'm suggesting moving to that instead of 3 lol...just curious.

*feels unloved*

Kidding!

Edited by Carnaxus

My win 10 still had this issue on WO last week, one of the reasons I moved to linux was because this was never an issue on it.