Sign in to follow this  
Arkonick

Things that need to be addressed this year

Lead?

Lead viens can have up to 10000 clicks yet there useless with only 2 items to my knowledge. Some areas are flooded with these useless viens.

Anchers and lumps to make a Larder.

Maybe we should add fence bars and ribbons as well as nails and maybe a few other items Like lead wieghts for fishing pole.

Or maybe we should have lead viens act like rocksalt viens and have min 51 clicks.

Passangers slots added to wagon on the front with the driver. On WU Foreverlands server I did add this and was great with plenty room for 3 people up front.

Tabs- Combat, Freedom, Ca, Trade, Gl Freedom need to have the float feature.

Pets need there own pet bar. Pet bar is like the Select bar but has follow attack and clear order keys. Pet needs to auto follow player.

Priest need a spell bar that has min of 6 spell slots that can have min 6 spells.

All furniture needs to be under the wood color system. Decorating a house is so dull with the one color system we are not amish well most are not.

Level feature needs to have dig to pile.

Animals need to have sounds again with the option to turn that sound off. 50% want it 50% don't so do it make it a option.

Need to increase the shop signs to have other stuff like tree orchards etc..

Rose, lavender,camellia,an oleander bushes need non harvest  season models top go with the harvest season models.

Ending list here I can go on with other stuff but this will do for starters.

Edited by Arkonick
  • Like 2

As far as lead goes, all weapons, tools and armor can be made of any metal, including lead. So there are more uses than just the few you mentioned.

• Like 4

+1 to most of it. As to lead, Pandylynn already told. Moreover, lead large maul has bashing bonus as well as the poisoning property lead and copper weapons have (which is of limited use though to the best of my knowledge, but that is another story). So, there is some use for lead. Also, all mooring anchors other than lead have the strange property of letting the ship drift away as long as the captain is embarked. So lead mooring anchors still are the way to go. And honestly, there is abundance of nearly all veins, maybe not so much with gold, silver, and marble, and lead is no match to sandstone.

Passenger front seat for wagons ++1 , float feature I don't understand (my apologies), pet and priest bars sound reasonable. Furniture wood colors yes please +1, animal sounds I am undecided,  same with shop signs, missing bush models +1 too. Thank you.

Edit: Thanks for the explanations below. I agree to the undocking tabs too.

Edited by Ekcin
minor correction and added remark

cool didn't know lead was added to that stuff good. Guess I missed few patch notes.

On your 2 windows Local etc.. and Event etc.. each has tabs that are un dockable all but on the event tab you can undock the Freinds tab by right clicking and selecting float.

I think all tabs need to be this way.

Lead is better than iron for almost anything that might decay but won't otherwise be subject to damage. Lead items are created at higher QL, increase QL more through improving, and get less damage from decay.

Yes, this means that lead frying pans (and other cooking vessels) are better than iron. It's also good for things like rivets and wires, since that extra QL is nice and none of the downsides matter.

See also: https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Metal_lump#Table_of_properties

Priest need a spell bar that has min of 6 spell slots that can have min 6 spells.

You can keybind spells, making this significantly less necessary.

Edited by Ostentatio

Yes you can keybind spells but for the normal player who don't have special mice and keyboards that can load up on 100+ keybinds it is better to just have a spell bar like modern games rather than a ancient system that turns people away a lot do to the outdated ui we have.

An Id rather have a spell bar with dragable spell icons or memorizable spell bar slots than to have to keybind it. The ui needs to be more moderen

11 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

Yes, this means that lead frying pans (and other cooking vessels)

Lead frying pans?! That's suicide!

Edited by Wiolo
  • Like 2

I'd Like to offer those lead frying pans as xmas gifts to special people.

This may not be favorable but would create a market and need for planning otherwise. 

The same way bees go dormant in the winter.  I wish all crop would die back with no yield or ability to plant until spring.  A nice winter break for the farmer, and a bump time for silo storage sellers of crops.