Sign in to follow this  
Gunther

Question about ingame Wiki

My ingame wiki use to always open an window ingame, but now it will minimize my game and open a new browser window. 

is there an option some where that I must have hit by accident and if so I would like to know where so I can change it back?

any help would be welcome

This is a new feature.

Play wurm in windowed mode to prevent the minimizing of the game. In general never play fullscreen.

7 minutes ago, Sklo:D said:

This is a new feature.

Play wurm in windowed mode to prevent the minimizing of the game. In general never play fullscreen.

Guess that's a good work around, thanks

Is there a way to switch off ingame wiki altogether?

You can remove the wikisearch bar by rebinding the key to ""

• Like 1

On 8/10/2019 at 8:01 AM, Sklo:D said:

This is a new feature P.I.T.A.

Fixed that.  Sorry, I just don't see it as a "feature."  I hate it.  Everyone I know hates it. At least everyone I've ever spoken to about it.  Wish I could think of something positive to say about it but I just can't.  :(  I just really, really, really wish we had the old way back.

The in game wiki was convenient and not so immersion breaking, and could have the little window open on my screen while crafting or whatever that looked just like the other windows. And the browser window opening is jarring to the senses with that bright white. I don't want to have to use a browser add-on just to darken the screen, or have to switch to windowed mode, or any of the other pita work arounds.  Also I'm one of those people who prefers to run CC when I close my browser so it just doesn't feel comfortable to either keep the wiki open or having to keep running CC every time I want to quickly look something up on wiki,  so I've just stopped using the wiki altogether while I'm playing.  Like I said, just a P.I.T.A!

Edited by Amadee
  • Like 1