Sign in to follow this  
Gwyn

Rite Journal Goal: Question for the Devs

Okay so It has been a good few months now. And I am getting quite anxious. I have done nothing but raise my channelling (I'm a priest main btw) and I am already at 88 (My goal is 95). And this goal is absolutely necessary as a high channeller.

I have seen rite casts go by me, and I can't even begin to have an idea on who to contact to get this done. I have put my name in the benediction waiting list (Which I have confirmation from Flubbb that it mostly watches over Xanadu) and I'm just waiting waiting and waiting... And there is nothing I can do to get this done. And the chances are high that on the next cast I won't be a part of it and instead it will be some random group.

If I had like prayed for a month straight on a bunch of alts and had a cast done from under my feet then I might actually quit the game out of anger and defeat. So that option is out the window. And I'm saying this so that some person can't tell me that "Well you can technically work for it." Because if I actually do, it will most likely be stolen from me. And don't forget, nobody should be expected to do something as useless and monotonous as this with their premium time.

@Retrogradesays that there is a bottleneck effect from too many people wanting it done. But what I'm seeing is the opposite, less people needing the cast means less opportunities to be a part of a cast. The amount of people working to recharge the cast is diminishing, and you can see that as a player like myself who isn't a part of too many communities how infuriating, and dividing this is. I just feel defeated in every way by this.

So please, try to make this make sense to me as of why this is still a goal, and why there isn't some kind of alternative goal that doesn't divide people and something I can WORK towards instead of most likely getting screwed over for.

How many people have to complain about the logistics behind this goal before any kind of change is made?! All I see is deflection and ignorance in response to these issues.

• Like 2

The reality is that the group who is going to cast it will be in touch with you, not the other way around. When we did the Rite of Death on Celebration I tried to get in touch with as many of the BL priests as I could who were trying to charge it on Cele over the last few months, and even at the halfway+ point it still took us around 2 to 3 weeks. People who know me on Celebration know that I was running around 8-10 accounts at a time, along with the others I worked together with to get it casted.

It's a crap goal but the team don't care anymore. It's here to stay at this point, it's clear. This goal and 100 rifts are very weak parts of an otherwise fantastic journal system.

My advice as someone who worked in a team to get it casted? Get in touch with people on Xanadu or whatever server you're on who are running the same god, and group together to just spam prays and sermons as much as possible. Sermons are one of the keys to getting this charged up, as it seems to do a lot more than just prayer does. Have the person with the highest channeling skill casting, as that reduces not just the chance of failure, but also means you'll for sure have the capped amount of players linked to the person casting. Casting it has no real benefit other than a nice little boost of mind logic if I remember correctly.

Edited by Madnath
  • Like 2

I appreciate your devotion. And commitment to being inclusive!

Edited by Wiolo
Added proper punctuation