Sign in to follow this  
Anarres

Display all linked priests of a global spell cast

When a global spell is cast, only the caster is displayed in Area History. Display all links too. I'm not aware of a way to see who was linked today.

It would enable people to see who make a global cast. An unknown alt casting is one thing, the mains is another. It can be information useful to players and it's only fair to be known.

Consider it a stopgap, before the way rites are implemented will/should/might be revised.

• Like 1

Useful how? so you can be passive aggressive to them  over supposed ownership of a cast or something?

• Like 5

My preference is surely not for secrecy over sniping casts. You can't enable the community to answer these unless you let them know who the snipers are in the first place.

Look, there are essentially three categories of ways to deal with conflict  situations over limited resources

- devs made (implementation obviously can make it possible / impossible / more or less desirable / etc)

- gms handled (in some situations GMs intervene, in this I don't think they do)

- community handled. (name and shame, refuse to trade with x, alliance kick, whatever reputation means here in wurm)

In the case of global spell snipes, which should it be? I don't know. I know that the last is impossible when people don't even know who sniped them. Their hands are tied. I think it can be better if they are able to answer, and let them decide what their answer will be.

Just fix the journal to not expect the community to work together, it doesn't work I don't know why they think anything is different from before.

• Like 2

Indeed, quite a number of threads and chats ask for a dev-made solution, that is, a different implementation of this feature. Maybe there will be? I dunno. It has changed some in the past, it might change in the future, it's not set in stone I guess. But I'm not aware of any change coming now, and it's obviously more to think about and do than just display who did it, for people to see.

Why shouldn't the community have some information to help them work it out in the future?

Edited by Anarres

Because what you want just gives the players more fuel to hate on each other with. The comunity doesnt need more division plenty already exists and things like this goal show a disconnect with reality.

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

over supposed ownership of a cast or something?

You're making this sound like it's purely coming from a place of entitlement. But you don't actually get around that question because who's claiming ownership, really? The people trying to organize the cast in a fair manner so that everyone has a shot at it or the person who just takes it for themselves? (Being fully aware they sniped an attempted organized cast, this is irrefutable as the person proposed to organize a cast of their own. Probably hasn't though, and used the bare minimum of priests to do it in such short notice.)

No, I don't own the cast, despite running 15 Fo alts at times to get this crap show going, because that's how the mechanics work. Neither do they though, so my contentions to this clearly selfish behaviour are not rendered invalid by this fact.

But for what it's worth, I agree with your sentiment, even if it's reasoned in a way I clearly have to object to. I'm not namedropping myself because shaming is petty and useless, and I don't see the use in making the game do it for me anymore than it already does. I'm with Sme on this. Change this goal up or drop it. As it is, it only creates resentment, division and frustration.

Just like everyone with half a brain predicted it would.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SmeJack said:

Because what you want just gives the players more fuel to hate on each other with. The comunity doesnt need more division plenty already exists and things like this goal show a disconnect with reality.

I understand the sentiment, but I don't agree. By the same token, should we remove the list shown on twitter with unique killers? I don't think the list displayed causes the pointless drama there. Do you?

why yes, give the masses a target to focus their frustration at, and maybe hate mail and harassment too. Great idea /end sarcasm

9 hours ago, Anarres said:

I understand the sentiment, but I don't agree. By the same token, should we remove the list shown on twitter with unique killers? I don't think the list displayed causes the pointless drama there. Do you?

Because you are comparing chalk and cheese, no one is doing 100k actions only to see on twitter when someone else takes the goal

10 hours ago, Anarres said:

By the same token, should we remove the list shown on twitter with unique killers? I don't think the list displayed causes the pointless drama there. Do you?

Dunno how many slayings you've organized but i've had quite a few unhappy pms about not being invited/inviting people they don't like/not making it public, and that's not including the people that just talk ###### in private alliances and stuff. Usually i just ignore them but it's more common than you think. not really the same boat though anyway

Edited by Oblivionnreaver
  • Like 1

Good idea. Its will rightly. 

Edited by M0rok