Sign in to follow this  
Dizbot

Eir

I enjoyed playing with her and the DC crew back in the day. Even way after parting ways, it was always a good time talking to her.

Rest in peace, Eir.

• Like 2

Helped me out a few sticky situations back in the day.

Rest in Peace Eir. 

While we never crossed paths in game, nor as staff members that I recall. I have a lot of respect for anyone who gives up their free time to help this game out, and seeing all the love shown for Eir  is really quite something. I'd occasionally hear updates on how you were doing from chats amongst other staff members and I'd kept you among my thoughts, hoping you'd make a recovery. Rest in Peace Eir. My thoughts are with your loved ones at this time.

Very sad news, I don't really browse the forums at the moment but when I saw this thread by sheer chance through my Twitter notifications email, my heart sank.

Eir was always a good friend, I'd regularly talk to her ingame when she was on her Qualia account chasing up GM calls. She even once brought me a dead BL tower guard corpse for my birthday lol. 

Very sad I never got to play directly alongside her, but even so she was far more of a friend than anything else. She had a good heart and soul and was kind.

Rest in peace old friend, you'll be missed. My thoughts are with your friends and family. <3

• Like 3

Thanks for everything Eir.We had some good times at DC.

Will miss you.

• Like 2

Eir's family is asking for donations to help offset the cost of the funeral as she did not have any life insurance.

Edited by shakys
Moderation Edit

I had known of Eir for years and years and we had a healthy respect for each other but we had not met in-game.  The day I met her in Wild was on christmas eve.  She was sailing the southern edge of wild.  I was chasing her in a sailboat and kept telling her to stop.  She said ohhh no you are not going to catch me to kill me.  I finally overtook her gave her a kiss and hug and said merry christmas hun.  That started the friendship that has endured factions and space between us.  Me being from the midwest and her way way out west.  After that meeting I often went to DC to help her either in the mines or dropping or delivering dirt to her.  Yeah I did help her beef up DC so we couldn't raid it.   I always asked for hazard pay as the guards were not friendly as I was a white lighter.  She always said what are you complaining about... they are just puny guards... sheesh they wont hurt you.   I would go yeah one wont but when I have 10 on me its not fun.  She would just laugh and come help kill them then back to work.  

• Like 3

Sad news indeed! Unfortunately I never met Eir (except for one PM we exchanged years ago when she gave me editing rights for Wurmpedia), but reading all the posts about her I can clearly see what a friendly and awesome person she must have been. The world (and Wurm) needs more of her kind!

My thoughts are with your friends and family, Eir. May you rest in peace.

On 8/9/2019 at 9:30 PM, Kraegar said:

Eir's family is asking for donations to help offset the cost of the funeral as she did not have any life insurance. 

Does anyone happen to have a fundraising link to help with this effort?

11 hours ago, Sidereal said:

Please PM @Kraegar directly for the link, afraid the links in public are against the forum rules.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2019 at 10:37 PM, Sidereal said:

Sent to you.

I wanted to add the Fundraiser link here in this thread that Kraegar was kind enough to provide, but unfortunately, no good deed goes unpunished...

Due to the large amount of problems allowing personal fund links of any kind causes us, I have decided not to allow the link.

So for now, If you can donate, please contact Kraegar by PM to receive the correct link to Eir's funeral fundraiser.

Thank you,

Enki (Head Game Master)

Someone had told me about her passing in a private message and I was saddened to hear this. It's such a shame that in the past few years we've lost some great people that have shaped Wurm and the players in a positive way.

Find peace in sanctuary Eir.

• Like 4

It's the first time in more than 3 years that I check up on Wurm again, just to find this sad news! And to write this post is the only reason I actually logged into the forums.

I've known Eir from when Wurm was still "Gold" - before the crash in whatever year it was, I don't remember, but it was before the Wild / Chaos Server - or whatever name it has nowadays.

She's always been good, helpful and fair. She was a person to count on.

I've no idea how old she was, but I hope she's lived a long and happy life!

• Like 6

I know this is a necropost.   It's been ages since I last looked in here.  And again, it's to find news that someone I respected has left us.   I'll be pouring one out for Eir and for Deuce tonight.  To fallen friends and comrades! 

I had also missed these sad news :(

We never met ig but I am sad to find out that you are gone.

May you meet Oracle and Tich in wurm Heaven ❤️

I would have quit Wurm and never played again if it wasn't for her help in 2007-2008. We became fast friends on the wild server after and 13 years later im still playing Wurm!

Amazing person and she'll be missed!

Im keeping her memory alive in game, have a boat named after her, an alt, and planning on building a colossus 

Rest in peace Janice, she was always very helpful even when she was in pain with her wrists. I'll miss the catch-ups and fun conversations about BL , you will be dearly missed. 😢

RIP Janice. You will always be remembered, always. CYA on the other side!