Sign in to follow this  
Dizbot

Eir

I wasn't sure where to post this, but as Eir is a big part of wurm as a once GM and player of the game, I thought this might be the best place.

I am sorry to say that Eir's son has posted news that she has sadly passed away today. 

I'm sure there are still some old-timers around who have either spoken to or became friends with Janice during their time in wurm and would want to know of her passing.

She was an amazing woman and a great GM in her time in wurm. She became a good friend to me outside of the game, and I will miss her very much.

-Dizzybot  

• Like 15

Blech! 

I had been told recently that she wasn't doing well and back in the hospital.  As such, I was sending warm thoughts good vibes energy and prayer her way hoping she could sense she was in our minds and hearts and be buoyed by that. 

Truly one of the great ones in wurm, all i have left are faint memories and a frying pan of hers back from BL Days of wild/chaos. 

I had hoped the experimental /frontier stuff would give her a boost and we'd have her around some time longer.  So when I saw this post headline,  I first thought oo a lil early to be mentioning her being sick.   Upon opening and reading,  I"m bereft with this reality.  Ache no more, valiantly fought.  Mother Libilia would be proud of her black lighter.

We have had a good amt of loss in wurm lately, too much.  All my best flows forward to those that knew her and care,  to include her family, as they traverse this time of challenge.

More time I wish we had.  Remember the delicate balance, and celebrate those here today you care about as well.  Pay it forward in the manner she would is a great way to honor her in spirit and memory.  She did bestow upon us many a gift on how to be a better version, we can pass it along to others as well as improve on ourselves.

Edited by Bloodscythe
  • Like 4

May you finally not have any more pain and ailments that troubled you for so long Eir!

Eir was one of the two main GM's that taught me how to GM here in Wurm.  Eir is a big and historical name here.  I kept up with her situation regularly and kept in contact with her.  When we learned what was happening, Shrimpiie was able to go visit her and give her well wishes from us just a couple days ago.

This is very sad news.  Thank you for informing us here Dizbot.

• Like 17

Rest in peace, Janice. You were a great human and had an amazing heart. If it weren't for Corey, we wouldn't have crossed paths and formed the friendship that we did. I only wish I had kept in contact with you after I ditched facebook.

You will be greatly missed, but never forgotten. ❤️

• Like 1

sad news ?

they should do a commemorative statue of Eir

Edited by Niki
  • Like 2

RIP Q ❤️

Edited by Sn00
  • Like 1

She was a great lady that gave her all as a GM.  A great mentor and friend.  Rest in peace love.

• Like 2

Sad to hear about Eir, 

Used to enjoy my chats with her, and the good old days on wild when she lived in DC.

Rest in Peace, I'm sure duce will keep her company till the rest of us end up there ;) 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Sn00 said:

RIP Q ❤️

I could not think of her other game name, but remembered there was one. 

Qualia, she was the very first, bkacklighter I ever saw, and she was amazing. 

I live just an hour south of her home, and had occasional phone chats with her. We always meant to make arrangements for me to come visit and introduce her to my kids... I guess that can never happen now. 

• Like 4

Such sad news - again ?

I first met Eir/Qualia many years ago and will always remember the conversation being like this..."Would you like to see a picture of my baby, he sleeps on the shelf" Now I'm never one to judge but dear me.. those first impressions stick!

I had the vision of some swaddled little baby son, lay on a shelf with a baby blanket over him. So.. I look at the picture and yikes! There he was in all his glory...Retro the Iguana!  Years on Eir would share her daily events of life with Retro.

She was a lovely lady and I feel honoured to have been included in her circle of friends. We had some good fun along the way hunny... RIP you fought all the way.

• Like 6

I'm so sad to see another long time Wurmian go - I'm sure memories will be kept for long.

Edited by Jaz

I met Eir a long long time ago. I want to say late 2008 early 2009, maybe earlier. It was when JKH and Wild were the only servers. I was a noob who had maybe only been playing for a year or two. Some player had deeded over an area my non prem friend and I had been working on for a couple of months. The player had blocked off our mine with a house. This all happened over night. I decided to buy some premium so I could bash the house down and steal all our stuff back. Low and behold the reputation system teleported me to the BL on Wild and I had no idea how to get back. I spent a few weeks asking in Global if anyone had room for me, barely anyone would talk to me. Just as I was about to quit the game forever Eir PMed me and offered a place at Dark Citadel.
It was only supposed to be temporary, but for the next few years, I stayed and followed her around wherever she went like a lost puppy. She was a huge part of my early and middle Wurm life and the reason I stuck to this wonderful gem of a game. I remember we always used to give her a hard time about her smoking habit, but it was all in good fun. She talked about her Lizard Son and her other son a lot. She was a very good person and will always have a special place in my heart.

Rest in Peace, Eir. I'll be sure to erect a colossus of Lib in your honor someday. 

• Like 2

Oh no this is so sad :( While I never knew her I wish I did as she seemed like an amazing person!

The first thing she did when I walked into the hospital room a couple days ago and said I knew her through Wurm, was to give me a hug.

I am glad to have met her when I had the chance, and wished I could've had the opportunity to get to know her better...

Rest in Peace Eir

• Like 12

I`ve found her thread about Oracle from 2015 and now it`s her time to leave us. See you again Eir one day

I spent a lot of happy times with Eir at DC. 

Really sad to hear about her.

So sad to hear you pass and hard to fathom. I loved to receive the occasional email with recent news about your recent Wurm endevours, thoughts about cancer treatments and learning stuff like the Budwig Protocol. You were always so loving, caring and kept my hopes high although I sensed your struggles.

Thanks for all you've done for Wurm and the community. Rest in Peace, Janice.

• Like 34

My deepest condolences to everyone. From just reading these messages, I can feel the love and impact she had on the game. I wish I'd be able to meet her, ingame or irl. She sounds amazing. RIP Eir. Rest well.