tamat

Reduce materials for certain walls

for example, less materals for arched walls

This one uses the same mats
300px-Marble_wall_building.jpg
as this ones
Marble_arched_wall.jpg
Marble_left_arch.jpg

well the last one uses iron fences too but same 20 mortar and 20 bricks as normal plain wall

• Like 2

I'm all for this, since arched walls provide less function than regular walls anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ostentatio said:

I'm all for this, since arched walls provide less function than regular walls anyway.

what the man said^ huge +1, never made sense to me that it is that way

BIG plus ++++ 1 .

This has been mentioned before and gone on deaf ears .

Next should be less hits to brake poor rock compared to  utmost ...

And T-Maps ..   needed ...   ?

Search the forums for similar suggestions, to see why this is a bad idea to do.

1 hour ago, Wulfgar said:

What a lazy response. I humored it regardless and searched for "arched wall" in Suggestions, nothing for 3 pages. If you have a reason say it. Don't send people off to some silly goose chase because you can't be arsed to post a single link.

+1 to the OP because no counterarguments are to be seen.

EDIT: Alright, I limited the search to topic titles only, the threads date back to 2014-2015 for crying out loud. The first "-1" was basically "stop being lazy" which is incredibly ironic given why I had to find this to begin with. The first "genuine" counterargument I see so far is "resulting structures have less QL", which is just a meh arguement. If you really need to max out some structures QL you'll have to throw some mats at it anyway, and on-deed it's terribly irrelevant.

The second is "It still gets item protection as any house does". So what...?

The only "negative" I see is 1x1 arched wall houses acting as deed blockers, as is sometimes done already (So you're not stopping these anyway) - sometimes as protection against griefing rather than griefing itself, like protecting off-deed orchards from being deeded over. And appearantly they're lower QL anyway so easier to catapult down if you need to...

Edited by Flubb
  • Like 2

Big +1 from me as well.

It has never made sense, and it seems something that could be very easily fixed.  Stone fences and stone iron fences have different material requirements with regard to the stone used, so why not the different walls?

15 hours ago, Wulfgar said:

What concerns in particular do you have? Can you link to any?

what as as example a building off deed stop give protection to stuff inside if you can get into it? and because you use less material to build it it need to decay faster?

On 8/8/2019 at 10:25 PM, Ostentatio said:

What concerns in particular do you have? Can you link to any?

Well, when I last played on Deli before 2014, there was this one guy who "owned" one quadrant of the server, in the north east, and he did that by placing off deed houses all over the place so no one else could deed, and if they deeded close, he would grief them until they quit.

Lowering material requirements would just make this kind of behaviour easier, instead of the current behaviour, where people actually have 10 deeds with alts to avoid having any real neighbours.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wulfgar said:

Well, when I last played on Deli before 2014, there was this one guy who "owned" one quadrant of the server, in the north east, and he did that by placing off deed houses all over the place so no one else could deed, and if they deeded close, he would grief them until they quit.

Lowering material requirements would just make this kind of behaviour easier, instead of the current behaviour, where people actually have 10 deeds with alts to avoid having any real neighbours.

I don't think the actions of a single person years ago that he did without the suggestion in question are a good reason to not add QoL improvements but that's just me

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wulfgar said:

So what you're saying is they did this regardless of the same cost? It's almost like

On 8/8/2019 at 7:52 AM, Flubb said:

(So you're not stopping these anyway)

I refuted your argument before you even made it.

Yeah, they'll have it easier, you're right with that. But this is the sort of behaviour you want to stop, not simply be made harder. Trying to regulate behaviour on its own with measures that affect everyone to a slight detriment of the few who won't play nice results in terrible incentives and design choices - see Fatigue for reference.

Dealing with griefers is the job of the GMs, not the Devs.

• Like 1

i made a post years ago asking for solid stone walls to be convertable to windowed walls with a mallet and some wood.
I like your idea, it's less complicated.

+1