Sign in to follow this  
reflexx

tool cabinet

A tool cabinet which acts as a lader to slow down decay on tools. maby even one for wooden tools that in "icebox" you can put tar to protect more

and for metal tools you can use oil?

I also suggest that that you can use oil on metal items to slow down decay outside inventory and containers and the "protection" need to be time limited and

disappear with use of the item. Tar on wooden items, Fat on leather.  What do you guys think? 

9/5000

• Like 3

I like the idea, with a few wurmian tweaks this could be really cool.  Anything to add more actual decor that's useful gets my +1

+1

I could imagine a tool cabinet with similar capabilities as the tackle box, autosorting the tools put into it. About the decay reduction, I am not that sure. Decay of tools is easily controlled by repairing and imping, at least on deed (except the still overly though significantly reduced decay of fishing and fish keep nets).

I like the idea of the tool cabinet, but I am really interested in the tar/oil bit.

Not that we need another skill, but Preserving could be a new one if one were to be added to go along with Improving and Repairing. "Polishing' metal items with oil, "Finishing" wood items with tar or other sealants, "Conditioning" leather, "Glazing" pottery, might even lump "Salting" food in there. Should wear off after a bit and need to be redone. A "preserved" item decreases decay and also locks the QL so it cannot be improved until the preservation wears off, could still be decreased with repairing though. Maybe also have some sort of preservation remover, for instance an acid wash for metal items, to remove it in case you want to imp, but it comes at a cost of added decay so you have to repair and imp further in this case. Increased Preservation skill increases the amount of decay reduction.