Sign in to follow this  
Amadee

[Resolved] - Missing api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll

I haven't played since getting back from my trip.  Installed the new client today via the "play" link at the top of the Wurm page since my desktop link wouldn't work at all.  Seemed to install fine but when I click it I get this:

"System Error

The program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

I get the same when clicking the "choose client" link.  I've reinstalled and still getting this error.  A google search doesn't tell me much other than to get it from someone else's computer or download it from some questionable sites. 

Any ideas for a solution?

edit: forgot to mention. Win7, 64 bit, installed 64 bit client.

edit again:  I ran a search on my computer and found the file in multiple applications on my computer so I assume I can copy it from one of those.  So I guess the question now is where should I copy it to? 

A quick google tells me:

How do I fix the API MS Win CRT runtime i1 1 0 DLL?
Fixing “api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll” Error
  1. Install Windows updates by: ...
  2. Once ALL Windows updates have been installed, download the Visual V++ Re-distributable. ...
  3. Run the vcredist_x64.exe (64-bit) or vcredist_x86.exe (32-bit) and select Uninstall.
  4. Run the setup.exe again and select Install.
Might be worth doing an update and checking those things 
  • Like 1

Ok, I'll give that a try tomorrow when I have time to futz with it.  I have to wonder though, why I do have the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll in a number of other applications including the Steam version of Wurm, Avast, and about 5 other programs on my computer.  I'm just wondering how that will help with the Wurm installation.  Is the Wurm client looking for it somewhere else other than the Wurm installation, and shouldn't it be in the Wurm installation?  Not sure if I'm making sense.

It should be in the system files installed with vcredist, I suppose other apps supply it directly instead? It probably would also work if you copied it over next to the WurmLauncher.exe file, but I'd just recommend installing the vcredist I linked.