Sign in to follow this  
Lisabet

Hedge Options

I'd love to see hedges changed so that when you are planting them, you have three options: plant low, plant medium and plant high.  They'd still start out as low like they do now, but it would set the max height during the planting action.  This way we could have low or medium flowering hedges like the rose, lavender, oleander and camellia; or even low cedar/maple if we wanted without having to constantly prune for the desired look.  May be interesting to have a high lavender hedge as well :) 

I love how the new hedges look, but most don't fit with how my deed plan is designed.

*edit* would also like to see the medium hedges raised to be in line with gates in height lol

Edited by Lisabet
  • Like 8

this would actually be great, so much more gardening planned to work on in the near future and more options like this would really add to the pallete

+1

if it's possible to just 'lock' in the growth state instead of adding fences for it. i keep hearing about limitations all the time though.

As much as I hate hedges, since most of them still look like sponges 5+ years after they were implemented, your suggestion is a good one so I'll +1.

IMO allow use of Enchant to enchant hedge tiles in order to freeze their current age. Sort of like what it should do for trees, but doesn't.

+1 Would be interesting! Maybe have a graphic of some sort of wood thing that shows until it has reached the set height?

If enchanting isn't a good option for this, maybe require us to use some kind of trellis or similar structure? Like, planting using a "medium hedge trellis" to set the max growth to medium.

• Like 1

Is this where I go to demand a shrubbery? One that looks nice and is not too expensive. +1

• Like 1

On 8/5/2019 at 12:34 PM, Lisabet said:

I'd love to see hedges changed so that when you are planting them, you have three options: plant low, plant medium and plant high.  They'd still start out as low like they do now, but it would set the max height during the planting action.  This way we could have low or medium flowering hedges like the rose, lavender, oleander and camellia; or even low cedar/maple if we wanted without having to constantly prune for the desired look.  May be interesting to have a high lavender hedge as well :) 

I love how the new hedges look, but most don't fit with how my deed plan is designed.

*edit* would also like to see the medium hedges raised to be in line with gates in height lol

YES BUMP AND HOORAY for this suggestion!!!!