Sign in to follow this  
Angelklaine

Update Registration Email Download Link

When registering, this email is sent to you.

ac33d453628988e89a8c20ad97ded05a.png

I told my friend about this game, and he tried installing it from the email after registration. The link provided by the registration email is this: http://www.wurmonline.com/client/wurmclient.jnlp. This causes players installing for the first time to download the old files which do not install the correct version of java. Unsurprisingly enough, when he tried to run the game he got this message:

error.png

Since we couldn't figure out what was going on, my friend just gave up. Eventually I figured it out and decided to make this post. Makes me wonder how many new players are falling on this trap.

Update the links, please, so no one else falls for this.

@Retrograde

Unlikely to be many as the jnlp works, but it's something I've wanted to change for a bit, will find out where it's coming from (as its likely web/code based) and get it updated properly. 

1 minute ago, Retrograde said:

Unlikely to be many as the jnlp works, but it's something I've wanted to change for a bit, will find out where it's coming from (as its likely web/code based) and get it updated properly. 

It does work but it requires the manual installation of 64bit Java in order to work on a 64 bit system. Every person I've had try the game ever struggled with this, so I think the new client is amazing work and I am very happy it was done. Only natural to have it updated.

Thanks for looking into this, as every bit to get new people to come join us counts!

Currently working on an update for it, WIP is here:

yeAJTud.png

This will apply to all server emails sent too 

20 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Currently working on an update for it, WIP is here:

yeAJTud.png

This will apply to all server emails sent too 

Would this be sent also as the creation email? Keep in mind there's 2 emails when you create a character: The email confirmation and the account creation confirmation. the 2nd email is the one telling people go to the wrong link.

This image seems to be from the password reset request.