Sign in to follow this  
Angelklaine

Disable entering mines for guards

This are my Tower Guards on my deed:

225dc4cd7923180bec8169b632aec607.jpg

I could kill them, and when I log back in tomorrow they are all back in there. This renders them useless as you cannot call for guards on a mob when this happens. 95% of the time a guard walks into a mine never to come out.

Fix this please. The fix is super easy: Dissalow for guards to enter mines on Freedom.

Thanks!

• Like 7

Or just enable them to be able to leave the mine. Sometimes you need help when you've mined too deep and facing a balrog!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sharkin said:

Or just enable them to be able to leave the mine. Sometimes you need help when you've mined too deep and facing a balrog!

Yes but they don't even respond to calls inside the mine :(

Aye they fight mobs in caves if you call them from outside the cave but you might as well be screaming in a vacuum once you enter a cave.
Fixing this must be near-impossible because this has always been a problem.
It might be easier to make it, so right clicking on the guard tower and chosing a renew option, respawns the buggers outside
(maybe 20 tiles away from the tower to avoid hard to imagine exploitations)

I don't think disallowing them to enter is a solution because they do have limited functionality within a mine.
some people might want to stand outside their entrance and send the guards inside to make it safe.

Edited by Steveleeb

7 hours ago, Steveleeb said:

Aye they fight mobs in caves if you call them from outside the cave but you might as well be screaming in a vacuum once you enter a cave.
Fixing this must be near-impossible because this has always been a problem.
It might be easier to make it, so right clicking on the guard tower and chosing a renew option, respawns the buggers outside
(maybe 20 tiles away from the tower to avoid hard to imagine exploitations)

I don't think disallowing them to enter is a solution because they do have limited functionality within a mine.
some people might want to stand outside their entrance and send the guards inside to make it safe.

Nothing stops you from aggroing the mob inside and running out with it so the guards can be called. Given the small range guards can be called from this wouldnt make much of a difference.

My issue with the current system is that my highway tunnel renders my guard tower useless. 

On 7/28/2019 at 6:09 AM, Angelklaine said:

Fix this please. The fix is super easy: Dissalow for guards to enter mines on Freedom.

If it was "super easy" to fix this issue it would have been done long before your arrival on the scene. Since many players have complained about this in the past (justifiably so) it is not from the Devs being unaware of this, which leads me to believe that there must be some complex problem preventing it from being resolved.

Unfortunately mine doors aren't able to be constructed on these wide openings (but I have seen 3 wide mine doors of 3 sections on some WU servers) which would keep them out. One of the sad and frustrating facts of Wurm life that we have to live with I guess....

=Ayes=

• Cat 1

On 10/18/2019 at 2:25 PM, Ayes said:

If it was "super easy" to fix this issue it would have been done long before your arrival on the scene. Since many players have complained about this in the past (justifiably so) it is not from the Devs being unaware of this, which leads me to believe that there must be some complex problem preventing it from being resolved.

Unfortunately mine doors aren't able to be constructed on these wide openings (but I have seen 3 wide mine doors of 3 sections on some WU servers) which would keep them out. One of the sad and frustrating facts of Wurm life that we have to live with I guess....

=Ayes=

If something my time in Wurm has shown me is the fact that just because the devs haven't done something it doesn't mean is too complex. Most of the time its just that they don't care enough to address it. I mean, how long we lived with the embark bug only for it to be fixed overnight when a certain dev joined the team? Everything can be fixed bud, and this one is no rocket science since Devs have already said they can disable mobs from entering mines (Uniques penning discussion).

• Like 1

+1 for the suggestion

If it is hard to implement for any reason a statement from the team would be welcome.

How hard can it be to teleport a guard back to the tower when it is detected it is underground?

+1 Guards are constantly hiding in our mines even with doors on them.

Yes, either stop them entering or derandomize their patrol with a periodic return to the tower when they are idle.

I mean, some stuff they can do in the bushes, but when are they are going to get their dinner?

Edited by TheTrickster
  • Like 1

+1.  or make them prefer to move outside...  and rarely go inside.