Sign in to follow this  
Kaide

A slight change to paper decay

a group of us were talking and think it would be fair if paper sheets didn't take damage inside a book/journal/almanac but instead the book takes the damage as that can be repaired/improved. of course if we let the book rot the pages are doomed as is also fair. would also be nice to have a useful bookshelf to more safely keep books in inside our homes. that could stop or at least slow the decay of the books. the reason for all this being that we can write a book, we can make all these nice new useful books, but we can't ever put them down or the pages rot right out of them :( a little safe-guarding and we'd be more able to place books as decorative items and class things up a little more :) 

TL;DR   please stop the pages rotting right out of our books, that nice leather bound cover should do its job ? 

• Like 12

Huge +1, it makes all sorts of sense.

Right now I just don't bother with books as a thing, for just this reason - it would be a waste of time.

Placed books need to have decay reduced or redacted, not just the paper inside.  If my book can still poof once placed, what's the point in reducing paper decay.

ErCyntL.png

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Nomadikhan said:

Placed books need to have decay reduced or redacted, not just the paper inside.  If my book can still poof once placed, what's the point in reducing paper decay.

yeah a lot of things need a little more love for decorations decay, i get it, they need to keep items decaying or everything on the ground in your house becomes protected and it's kind of an exploit i guess, but that's why I suggested bookcase being used to provide safer "books only" storage. books need rights lol but my tools in my chest decay so very slowly and if books stored in a house could have that same rate while shielding the pages inside... I just think it brings them in line with the existing game mechanics other items are running on. they've been so updated lately but are still fragile as dust drawings on a windy day

+1

I would love to put together a library; but the decay just kills it for me.

+1, small decoration decay even in houses is a big discouragement for properly decorating stuff with not just books but other stuff too.

Will be implemented in next update 

Paper, papyrus and archaeology reports will no longer decay inside a book, almanac or archaeology journal.

• Like 11

6 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Paper, papyrus and archaeology reports will no longer decay inside a book, almanac or archaeology journal.

i love you

On 12/12/2019 at 4:28 AM, Retrograde said:

@Retrograde

Any chance we can get an adjustment to page limit? 10 pages is extremely limiting, and furthermore we can only stick like 6-8 full books on a bookshelf before the shelf is "full".

https://prnt.sc/qb6e07

Edited by Toolhead
  • Like 3

On 12/16/2019 at 7:03 AM, Toolhead said:

@Retrograde

Any chance we can get an adjustment to page limit? 10 pages is extremely limiting, and furthermore we can only stick like 6-8 full books on a bookshelf before the shelf is "full".

https://prnt.sc/qb6e07

Yes

• Like 2

On 12/16/2019 at 10:39 PM, Retrograde said:

Yes

Is this that yes, the upper limit of decor on a shelf will be increased? That more full books will fit?  please elaborate?  I need my library of Wurmian Wonders!

• Like 1