Sign in to follow this  
Yaga

Erratic camera "jumps" are back

This used to be an  issue at some point in the past, but was fixed years ago with the preview client (for me, at least). Now they are back: erratic jumps (to the north) of the player camera!

They happen when the mouse is used to move the camera, and seemingly it gets worse with increasing cpu/gpu load (my guess). When using the mouse with left mouse button pressed, the camera suddenly makes a "jump", so you are facing north.

I'm not entirely sure if this started when I bought a new mouse (Logitech G-Pro), or with some other change like the new launcher.

I have this issue for a long time, 2 years maybe or more?

Seems to depend a lot on your setup. With a Logitech G402 and Windows 7 I had no issues at all. Then I upgraded to Windows 10 and it started happening. That was with stable client, switched to preview client and everything was fine.

Then I switched to a Corsair Ironclaw and it started happening again, both on stable and preview client.

Currently using Linux Mint with a Logitech M325 and happens sometimes on stable, but preview client is completely unplayable, happens on every camera movement.

I have a G602, and before that my Razer Boomslang, but I have had this problem since 2012.

Given up on thinking it is my mouse, in fact, multiple pc's and now a laptop, and the only common denominator was Wurm, so I don't know. With my custom X config on Linux, it happens but smoother.

Got used to it, and using some smoothing settings to help counter it. 

Good luck.

It is not the mouse.  I have played wurm for years with many different mice, and play many shooter games where precise mouse movement is important, and this only ever happens in wurm.  

So from what I've been able to gather from my own experience, the issue has stopped as soon as I've not had any windows open under the Wurm client. It's a force of habit for me now to click the "Show desktop" on the bottom right of Windows and then open Wurm, to make sure there's nothing that would ###### with it.

Should be fixed with today's update, both on Windows and Linux.