Sign in to follow this  
Ricowan

Weird rendering glitch

Just wanted to make note of a strange rendering glitch I encountered this morning.  One of the walls of my house didn't render its' texture correctly:

C41E31755BCBE8300A0BB46A8021589EB62E3570

It's not game breaking or anything, just thought the dev team should be aware.  It's between two other plain stone walls, so it's a bit strange to me that this one didn't get the correct texture when the others did.

That's ok. I sailed to Xanadu to a friend's deed last night. Got there, the deed was barren, as in, there was not a bridge or building left! It wasn't until I went exploring around, climbed a hill and suddenly couldn't move that I realized NOTHING was rendering. 

One of my alts logged in once to a black hole in the middle of the main house.  The other characters could all see the floor fine there.  Everyone, including the one who saw only the black tile, could walk across the spot.

Unfortunately, it's one of those bugs that so far has been impossible to replicate, so no way to report it for a bug fix.

Though in my case, it became a game of avoiding the "yawning pit to the underworld" for that alt, which made it entertaining.   :)

I've seen this frequently, as recently as this week.  It usually happens when I have a toon already loaded and then I load an alt - the alt sees the glitches.

It happens a lot on low stone walls (which look brown) and the other day on a timber frame wall (which looked beige).

The colour of the wall is uniform and matt and seems to be taken from the same colour palette as the wall texture.

If I was to hazard a guess I'd say probably a texture loading error, and it's taking the first pixel (or the last pixel it manages to load) and rendering the whole wall in that colour.