Sign in to follow this  
Ehizellbob

New client issues

Hi, I'm having ongoing issues running the new client (windows 64 version). Other than easily using twice the memory space that the old client used to.

Not every time I try to play, but most, the launcher freezes up and I get a 'this program is not responding' message pop up. When this happens the game doesn't get past the initialising stage. Sometimes it works right away, other times it's taking 10+ attempts to play the game. I'm not getting a crash log or anything for it either. 

It's not totally impossible to play, but highly annoying spending sometimes 20 minutes+ just to get the game to get past initialising.

Had to stop using the new client, can't get above 2FPS on minimum settings when I can manage steady 40+ in built up areas with lots of players on the old one.

We're aware and working on the crash issues, but this is the first time I'm hearing of performance issues on the new client - are you sure you haven't changed your settings in the meantime? It should be about the same performance wise, no reason for such a big drop.