Sign in to follow this  
Pingpong

[Resolved] Unable able to use new launcher

Greetings,
I installed the new launcher without difficulty but have been unable to actually launch the game with it. I simply updated my java links and carried with the old method. I'm uploading an error that I zipped, hopefully it helps. Also the picture of what happens when I attempt to use the new launcher links that installed.

My firewall and AV are not flagging wurm, event logging shows nothing so I'm a bit perplexed. I can't find anything on my pc that is blocking it and yet it's very obviously not connecting to the net. I've installed and uninstalled the launcher repeatedly. Tried 2 different locations on the hard drives. Any help would be lovely :)

Pingpong

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tk3wxm37rnl97n2/hs_err_pid5800.zip?dl=0

Spoiler

That message is as far as we can go figuring out the issue - something has to be blocking its updating, and it's the same server as the one you downloaded the installer from, so must be something blocking just the launcher. Try running it as administrator or adding it as an exception to the Windows Firewall? (administrator should bypass firewall anyway I think)

I am having the same problem on my Windows 10 PC in office. Installing the game works fine, but starting the 64-bit-Launcher will produce the error "Failed to get update information. Check your... bla blub". I was able to use the WurmClient.jnlp to run the game, but this works not longer since the latest update. Starting the Launcher as admin or adding an exception for the Launcher ("Wurm Online Client") in Windows-Firewall doesn't help anything. The WurmClient.jnlp stops with an "unkown source" exception (see spoiler for details)

Spoiler

JNLPException[category: Startdateifehler : Exception: null : LaunchDesc:
<jnlp spec="1.0+" codebase="http://www.wurmonline.com/client/" href="wurmclient.jnlp">
  <information>
    <title>Wurm Online [Stable]</title>
    <vendor>CodeClub AB</vendor>
    <homepage href="http://www.wurmonline.com"/>
    <description>Wurm Online Client</description>
    <icon href="wurm_icon_128.png" width="128" height="128"/>
    <icon href="wurm_icon_64.png" width="64" height="64"/>
    <icon href="wurm_icon_32.png" width="32" height="32"/>
    <icon href="wurm_icon_16.png" width="16" height="16"/>
    <icon kind="splash" href="splash.gif"/>
    <shortcut online="true">
      <desktop/>
      <menu submenu="Wurm Online"/>
    </shortcut>
  </information>
  <update check="timeout" policy="always"/>
  <security>
    <all-permissions/>
  </security>
  <resources>
    <j2se href="http://java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2se" version="1.8+" java-vm-args="-XX:+UseG1GC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=8 -XX:+UseStringDeduplication" initial-heap-size="512m"/>
    <property name="sun.java2d.noddraw" value="true"/>
    <property name="org.lwjgl.input.Mouse.allowNegativeMouseCoords" value="true"/>
    <property name="jnlp.versionEnabled" value="true"/>
    <jar href="libraries-stable/WurmClient-small.jar" version="4.0.95" main="true"/>
    <jar href="libraries-stable/httpclient.jar" version="4.5.3"/>
    <jar href="libraries-stable/httpcore.jar" version="4.4.6"/>
    <jar href="libraries-stable/commons-logging.jar" version="1.2"/>
    <jar href="libraries-stable/commons-codec.jar" version="1.9"/>
    <jar href="libraries-stable/pngdecoder.jar" version="1.0"/>
    <jar href="libraries-stable/irclib.jar" version="1.10"/>
    <jar href="libraries-stable/lwjgl_util.jar" version="2.9.1"/>
    <jar href="libraries-stable/lwjgl.jar" version="2.9.1"/>
    <jar href="libraries-stable/jinput.jar" version="2.0.5"/>
    <jar href="libraries-stable/jutils.jar" version="1.0.0"/>
    <jar href="libraries-stable/jorbis.jar" version="0.0.17"/>
    <jar href="libraries-stable/vecmath.jar" version="1.5.2"/>
    <jar href="libraries-stable/jbullet.jar" version="1.0.0"/>
    <jar href="libraries-stable/JZipUpdate.jar" version="0.9.1"/>
    <jar href="libraries-stable/joxsi.jar" version="1.0.0"/>
    <jar href="libraries-stable/jme-collada-binding.jar" version="1.0.0"/>
    <jar href="libraries-stable/jsquish.jar" version="2.0.0"/>
    <jar href="libraries-stable/slick-util.jar" version="b208"/>
    <jar href="libraries-stable/jogg.jar" version="0.0.7"/>
  </resources>
  <resources os="Win" arch="x86">
    <nativelib href="libraries-stable/lwjgl-platform-natives-windows.jar" version="2.9.1"/>
    <nativelib href="libraries-stable/jinput-platform-natives-windows.jar" version="2.0.5"/>
  </resources>
  <resources os="Win" arch="amd64">
    <nativelib href="libraries-stable/lwjgl-platform-natives-windows.jar" version="2.9.1"/>
    <nativelib href="libraries-stable/jinput-platform-natives-windows.jar" version="2.0.5"/>
  </resources>
  <resources os="Mac" arch="ppc">
    <nativelib href="libraries-stable/lwjgl-platform-natives-osx.jar" version="2.9.1"/>
    <nativelib href="libraries-stable/jinput-platform-natives-osx.jar" version="2.0.5"/>
  </resources>
  <resources os="Mac" arch="i386">
    <nativelib href="libraries-stable/lwjgl-platform-natives-osx.jar" version="2.9.1"/>
    <nativelib href="libraries-stable/jinput-platform-natives-osx.jar" version="2.0.5"/>
  </resources>
  <resources os="Mac" arch="x86_64">
  </resources>
  <resources os="Linux" arch="i386">
    <nativelib href="libraries-stable/lwjgl-platform-natives-linux.jar" version="2.9.1"/>
    <nativelib href="libraries-stable/jinput-platform-natives-linux.jar" version="2.0.5"/>
  </resources>
  <resources os="Linux" arch="x86">
    <nativelib href="libraries-stable/lwjgl-platform-natives-linux.jar" version="2.9.1"/>
    <nativelib href="libraries-stable/jinput-platform-natives-linux.jar" version="2.0.5"/>
  </resources>
  <resources os="Linux" arch="amd64">
  </resources>
  <resources os="Linux" arch="x86_64">
  </resources>
  <application-desc main-class="com.wurmonline.client.launcherfx.WurmMain" name="Wurm Online"/>
</jnlp> ]
    at com.sun.javaws.security.JNLPSignedResourcesHelper.checkSignedResourcesHelper(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.security.JNLPSignedResourcesHelper.checkSignedResources(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareResources(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareAllResources(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.launch(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Main.access$000(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

1 hour ago, Mafi said:

I am having the same problem on my Windows 10 PC in office. Installing the game works fine, but starting the 64-bit-Launcher will produce the error "Failed to get update information. Check your... bla blub". I was able to use the WurmClient.jnlp to run the game, but this works not longer since the latest update. Starting the Launcher as admin or adding an exception for the Launcher ("Wurm Online Client") in Windows-Firewall doesn't help anything. The WurmClient.jnlp stops with an "unkown source" exception (see spoiler for details)

Reveal hidden contents

Use this to launch the JNLPs again, we might have a possible fix coming soon for your issue with the new launcher but if that won't work out it'll mean it's something on your end.

Possible fix went out with the client update today - let me know if it works now, we've changed up the networking side of the launcher a bit.

Make sure to redownload the launcher from the website, if the old one can't connect, it can't update itself.

Verified with Pingpong that this has been fixed with the last launcher update.

Anyone who had the same issue happen will need to download the installer again from our website and reinstall the launcher.@Mafi

• Like 1