Sign in to follow this  
Rocky

TrueStrike and Tomes on Epic

Tomes and especialy True Strike need a fast and quick overhaul, if the new Ele should have a future!

Its not fun, if players going down with one shot or high end account taking 60dmg hits from True Strike. Plus Its not fair for new player or for chaosplayers that was never before on epic.

Its already discuss alot in the "A new Elevation" thread. Imo let remove all tomes from epic, and thats the opinion from nearly everybody who is playing on Epic atm! Even most of the guys who put alot of money into there tomes are happy if the tomes would be remove.

Maybe removing all tomes will have time till November, but True strike has to be gone very very soon (next week would be awesome :) ). Otherwise, ppl will leave Ele/Epic very quick, and it will be a dead server again :(

Pls making Ele a fun place for everybody by removing Tomes !

• Like 6

I hope this can achieve rapid Epic community support to maintain the intended purpose of the new Elevation release.

+1

+1 get rid of all tome/ also get rid of their abilities/ bonus and negatives, 

I disliked tomes, tomes are even worst than how meditation works

• Like 1

+1 to the removal of ALL tomes from Epic. They add literally nothing positive to PvP, and only hurt the chances for the PvP community to grow/continue on Elevation. 

Edited by CIRAY
  • Like 1

Whole heartedly agreed, even if it's just truestrike. Nullify everything about these items. They have a toxic influence on pvp!

Plus oneing a thread doesn't actually do anything so I've heard. But I did want to give my thoughts on this.

It seems this was brought on by a fight that happened lastnight. True Stike on a 1hr cool down really only shows its self to be a major issue in small group fights. It was used against us during the large dune fight and I didn't feel it much.

People who had smoke of sol seemed to get boned on the last adjustment. We need to proceed with caution on future "balancing"

I don't really like when people say things like "people will leave if x isnt done" its like holding the server hostage to get your way or something. Makes you seem petty and devalues your arguement.

Overall a complete removal of tomes is the fairest thing to do until we can get something closer to proper balance on these broken pos abilities.

I speak as someone who has true strike.

I'd also be curious to know each kingdoms number of true strikers.

• Like 3

+1

Some change to truestrike would be nice. If left it will just become this maps sotg

Edit: I don't have any tomes, I like the idea but don't want to see them become an unwritten requirement for pvp/roaming

edit2: I do not want tomes removed, just some balance

Edited by Pallas
Some studfff
  • Like 2

"Nerfed" or perhaps "rebalanced" CR makes it easier for weaker characters to jump in, but Truestrike makes it so they get decapitated or penetrated from head to toe with one hit. Combat should be fast-paced, but maybe not so much.

I'm glad to see even those who have the advantage of having Truestrike supporting this, and it's a clear message to the devs that it's not wanted for either side.

• Like 2

I think this suggestion is a little drastic, and (no offense) takes a lot out of the game. If you remove tomes, you pretty much nullify the need for karma or even doing missions. That's one of the unique things about Epic, some people love doing missions and getting rewards. It feels like you're taking a lot of the game content out by removing tomes and bonuses.

Also, can't everyone get a tome? I'm not saying that because it's accessible to everyone certain spells might be overpowered or need adjusting, but I don't think the best solution is saying remove it entirely because of a single incident or spell. 

+1

Nice to see not one single person in drake/scale either.  All the PvP has been a lot of fun without complaining someone has 10 tomes or in drake/scale sets.  Yet...

Edited by nicedreams
need coffee
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Postes said:

I don't think the best solution is saying remove it entirely because of a single incident or spell. 

If possible i would like a rebalance or rework of truestrike without a complete removal of tomes.

Edit: maybe swap true strike to another spell until it can be rebalanced. 

Edited by Olloch
  • Like 3

-1 due to whiny demanding rhetoric used by op.

don't wear leather if you don't want to get hit for 50 damage by huge axes, its pretty simple

I'm all for removing the pvp advantage from tomes on both clusters. It's an awesome addition to the game but no they don't contribute to anything fun according to me.

With that said however, I do really like the 1 hour cooldown on them!

• Like 2

+1

This was going to be a problem, we all knew it was going to be a problem.

I knew people would bring up what happened last night as the "catalyst" well yeah of course. It wasn't a problem until now.

I honestly thought Blacklight would be the first to cause this discussion I am surprised by that at the very least.

If I had truestrike, and I don't I wouldn't be on board with using it. You can say that it nullifies the use of Karma, and you would be right. But honestly, if you think I am going into an engagment to get one shot I have some red cherries to sell you. This will kill the games momentum, full stop.

Edited by FranktheTank
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, platinumteef said:

whiny demanding rhetoric used by op.

Got me too. Shouldn't have slid this kid up to be the spokesman.

Came off very poorly in what should have been an easy case to state

I would have been happier with a complete wipe of skills, tomes, meditation and faith, so yes I say get rid of these unbalanced abilities. I lost SOTG because it was deemed as too overpowering, without any recompense (unless the fall damage is it) on two toons. I'm not real sure, all I know is I no longer have a SOTG icon. And, I won't be able to get a new mediation ability until close to the planned Re-restart of Ele so no real reason to head down that path again.

Knowledge of the game mechanics already put long term players ahead of new players.

• Like 3

im all for removing 100% of sorcery ######, but i'd be fine with it being nerfed

change it to having your next hit have a 30-50% higher chance to hit(a normal hit), with parrying or glancing it impossible(missing and blocking still possible) , still really strong, but not stupid op

it was op when everyone and their nan had stog, its even more op now that noone has it

some people will try and defend having it. till everyone has staffs and stuff and people are getting straight necked in 1-3 hits, and they are the one that gets 1-3 hit.

1 hour ago, WhyThatPost said:

im all for removing 100% of sorcery ######, but i'd be fine with it being nerfed

change it to having your next hit have a 30-50% higher chance to hit(a normal hit), with parrying or glancing it impossible(missing and blocking still possible) , still really strong, but not stupid op

it was op when everyone and their nan had stog, its even more op now that noone has it

The above suggeestion would be fine for me. I just feel at the moment the main reason it is considered op is because of the SOTG nerf and damage type changes ie physical damage changed to fall damage or some such s%*t so something needs to change.

I also do not feel this can wait till November.

Edited by Rhianna
added something I forgot to add

There is a workaround against tomes, don't be a silly person.

7 hours ago, Olloch said:

It was used against us during the large dune fight and I didn't feel it much.

That's because nobody used it on you.  I used it on your horse and glanced.  Nobody else on our side used truestrike

Also platinumteef's argument about leather is completely wrong.  Leather is within 1% of steel plate vs slash when considering DR and glance rate

7xLMQZr.png

Edited by Alexgopen
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Alexgopen said:

That's because nobody used it on you.  I used it on your horse and glanced.  Nobody else on our side used truestrike

Also platinumteef's argument about leather is completely wrong.  Leather is within 1% of steel plate

7xLMQZr.png

110% correct

35 minutes ago, Alexgopen said:

Also platinumteef's argument about leather is completely wrong.  Leather is within 1% of steel plate vs slash when considering DR and glance rate

where did I say anything about wearing steel plate over leather?

there are better evaluated options against by far the most common and highest damage per hit dealing 2hander in the game

but keep wearing leather, im fine with it

Great thanks Retro, we should take this discussion there now I suppose.