Sign in to follow this  
Muse

The trouble with transitions

I am sure this has been mentioned before, but we seem to be putting the cart before the horse.

If the cart is outside a mine, the horses are deemed outside.  if the cart is not on a bridge, the horses are deemed not on a bridge.

Unfortunately this means that the horses appear to temporarily climb up the outside of a mine when they are supposed to be going inside, and they appear to briefly drop down the bank under the bridge abutment when they are supposed to be climbing on a bridge.

I can see that effort has already been made to correct this because the horses do right themselves after a second or so, and slowly align with the correct tile, but the transition is still jarring and noticeable.

Please could we have some kind of earlier look-ahead for the tile in front of the cart, so that the dropping down does not need to occur? 

i.e. if the tile in front of the cart is a mine, keep the horses straight (or the same angle as the tile in front of the cart), and the same as the bridge angle if the look-ahead tile is a bridge.

I know it's an oversimplification, but... if we can see we are approaching a mine entrance or a bridge - surely the horses can too! ?

Edited by Muse