Sign in to follow this  
Deathangel

EPIC - FREEDOM 2 way affinity transfer

I recommend this for incentive to play on either cluster.

Another nice thing would be my suggestion for 2 way skill transfer, at a fair conversion ratio (which might be 1:1 initially). See other topic for discussion on that related subject.

• Like 2

There has been some effort in the past to curb affinity exploits already. A bidirectional affinity transfer would open a can of worms and be extremely complicated. Let us assume a character lost affinities through looting the corpse on Epic. Would the affinity be restored when the Freedom character switches over? or would the Freedom character lose the affinity too?

+1 i want my 160 affinities from epic on freedom

• Like 1

This isn't something likely to come soon but can be investigated as a potential inclusion in the epic rework plans 

• Like 1

It would be an incentive for more Freedomers to try/play on Epic.  

While this may act as an incentive to go to epic to obtain affinities; it would also prove to be an issue for people with affinities they'd rather not risk.

38 minutes ago, Etherdrifter said:

While this may act as an incentive to go to epic to obtain affinities; it would also prove to be an issue for people with affinities they'd rather not risk.

I was thinking that a lost affinity on Epic would not be lost when porting back to Freedom.  However, gained affinities would port back to Freedom.  This would make it an incentive, rather than a gamble.   

So...  Get affinity on freedom, go to epic, give to someone else, head back to freedom, repeat?

• Like 1

While that's a good incentive, i wonder how affinities would be protected and what would happen to the gain affinities on epic once you join freedom again... would they also become protected? how would we keep track of which affinity belongs where and so on. Sounds a bit nightmarish coding wise

• Like 1

Here's how I'd see this working, assuming Elevation/Epic would recycle or refresh every few months to keep the experience fresh.

Affinities gained through combat do NOT go to Freedom. Affinities gained via actions will transfer if you still hold them at the end of the map cycle.

Skill earned on Epic goes to Freedom.

pls consider this and make epic the primary pvp server, since we all know it's going to be the best pvp overall.

Still I do not see a way to avoid exploit or not opening up new ways of affinity abuse. I don't know whether or not the server keeps track of the method affinities have been acquired, be it on preming, through actions, or by conquering/looting.

If so, and only if so for all accounts on all servers, it would be possible to prevent triangular affinity trade between Epic, Freedom, and Chaos. Still it would be necessary to implement coding and/or GM surveillance. I doubt it is worth while the hazzle.

Neutral, as I see Epic more as the side fun for the main cluster at this point. Having affinities cross between adds slightly more risk to those willing to come to the server, and potentially lose affinities.

But It would also be fun for me in general so.

If Epic had same risk conditions as Chaos, there wouldn't be any serious incentive anymore for Freedomers to go the Epic, as Chaos at least allows retransfer of items obtained there.

On 7/22/2019 at 11:09 AM, Ekcin said:

If Epic had same risk conditions as Chaos, there wouldn't be any serious incentive anymore for Freedomers to go the Epic, as Chaos at least allows retransfer of items obtained there.

Treating epic as a risk free playground for freedom further pushes the idea of epic being second class and less important, and well, that's what drove epic to the state of 0-10 players per server pre-current hype, and will continue to happen as long as epic is still not considered equal with the freedom cluster