Sign in to follow this  
Deviator

Mod to stop rocksalt and sandstone randomly spawning

Rocksalt and sandstone randomly spawn over the map as time goes on. Would be nice to have a mod that prevents this.

3 hours ago, Deviator said:

Rocksalt and sandstone randomly spawn over the map as time goes on. Would be nice to have a mod that prevents this.

Interesting.  We have never experienced this in 4 years of play.  I'll be very interested to hear what is causing it.

• Like 1

According to Oblivionreaver in my other post, it is the tile poller. I am trying to make a tool to "paint" ores in certain locations on the map instead of random, but having these spawn randomly defeats that idea and wreacks a custom map.

Edited by Deviator

This seems a bit overboard. This is after 2 weeks in-game time. This area was spawned with only iron and look at how much rocksalt and sandstone has spawned. A few more weeks and I won't have any rock left.

hq82wzX.gif

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjnBltNOSFjCgmuXlFbXICQrussq

I ended up replying to your topic in bug reports. either way posted files here too.

This should stop the changing rock to sand or salt, basically it makes the random int always 5, so it is never 0 and therefore never changes. I didn't test this for lengthy time, give it a go on test server to make sure it stops the changing rock completely but it should.

Thanks. I am going to run a test server all night and see how it goes. It shouldn't matter if no characters are logged in right? Just need the server running for the poller to do its thing?

Cuddles, I really appreciate the work you did on this. I let it run all night with no characters logged in and no rock/sand was added. I then logged in a GM character and left it running a few hours this morning and still nothing was added. Looks like it worked perfectly!