Sign in to follow this  
CountZero

wgenerator biome issue

I have noticed that sometimes when i am using paint mode for trees, i click to add and nothing appears after the map updates. Its not just a case of the slope or height settings or anything like that - it seems to happen after a few biomes have already been added - i think maybe its snow that seems to trigger the problem?

For example i am currently working on a map - i have done most of biomes, including snow and now i go to do tress and the vast majority of the tree types arnt applying to the map. If I click the reset all button and then try again with the same settings at the same place it works right away :(

Any idea what the problem is and if there is a fix?

did some testing.

on a brand new map i can paint anything i like and it all works. Doesnt matter what order i paint in.

The issue seems to pop up after I have put a fair amount of biomes down. All of a sudden trees just wont paint anymore even though other terrain (moss, dirt, sand etc) will.

The problem also seems to persist in the image file. If I save the biome image, close everything down, restart teh app and reload the highmap back to blank (painting now works again) but if i import that biome image im back to not being able to paint trees again :(

Its very frustrating as I need to paint the terrain first. Cant really do the trees first and then terrain as it doesnt look right

Edited by CountZero

I don't have an answer for you, sorry.  I think you'll have more of a chance for an answer if you posted this issue in the wgenerator thread though.

possibly - wasnt sure where was best to post it tbh. Im going to play a bit more and then go to the thread i think.

cheers