Sign in to follow this  
SmeJack

Wagon shuffle

What happens:

Server restarts reshuffle the position of hitched horses on a wagon, I often find that horses specifically put in the back positions for qol reasons find themselves in the front positions after the server comes back up.

What I expect to happen:

Horses hitched stay hitched where I put them.

Steps to reproduce:

Hitch specific horses to specific slots on a wagon and watch them change after a restart.

Edited by SmeJack
  • Like 4

On 7/14/2019 at 10:04 PM, SmeJack said:

Steps to reproduce:

Hitch specific horses to specific slots on a wagon and watch them change after a restart.

Does this happen every server restart?

Is this specific to one server?  (I guess you are talking about Indy)   

Does anyone else have this issue?  Please post here if you do and which server and if every restart or just some.

I tried on test with multiple restarts and the horses always retain the same hitched position.  However, test and live don't always behave in the same manner.

Not sure, I was blaming someone else untill i realised what it was and i cant predict the restarts to check more

Yes. I was getting screen shots ready for my own thread. Don't mind using this one. I put specific horses near the driver of my wagon. Every single server restart shuffles my horses around. I was gonna collect data over time, see which pattern the shuffle went. So far, it seems to be clockwise. And, if I leave them how the server put them, then next server restart, don't seem to shuffle them.

I like the fastest horse near the driver, so I can unhitch and do stuff w/ that particular horse. Cant do that if it gets moved away tho.

This could be fixed by preventing the horse shuffle. OR.. could be fixed so that the driver can access any of the horse team members while sitting as driver (imo, this would be ok fix for me). If you have ur horses arranged by color for some cosmetic reason or other tho, the horse shuffle will mix u up then.

Thanks posting this thread.

TeeeBOMB

Horse shuffle still occurring on my wagon on Independence at server restart.

This happens every single server restart for this wagon. Is reproducible.

This is my preferred arrangement. You can see the saddlebags horse close to driver. This is how my horses were arranged before.

ure83IT.jpg

The following is a screen capture just after the most recent server restart.

XorOX98.jpg

Now (above) my saddle sack horse is way out front. As driver, I can not access that horse now, since it has been shuffled out of range.

Thanks this thread.

TeeeBOMB

Edited by TeeeBOMB
more words

mine moved from the restart so that's all restarts so far

This happens to me on Xanadu also, and it is not a new thing.

I had this year, for several months, on Pristine, 2 pairs of horses to a wagon: a pair of white horses and a pair of piebald pintos. I always hitched them to be a row of pintos, a row of white. Next time, they were messed up, a white, a pinto in the same row, and a pinto, a white, in the other row.

I unhitched and did it again, a row of pintos, another row of white. Nope, not for long, found them shuffled around again. And again. :D As far as I can recall, they were always shuffled to be in "diagonal" for some reason, in other words only one horse must have been moved from bottom row to top row, in the same "column". So from W-W / P-P to P-W / W-P

These days I switched to all-bison. :D