Sign in to follow this  
Dranana1

Concrete in Water

Could we get concrete to be usable at maybe -40 so we can raise rock tiles farther? We could make it to where it is usable only on PvE if people don't want it on PvP. You would still have to clear all the dirt to raise the rock like normal but this would help in case some rock tiles are below the -25 slope that concrete stops at.

• Like 2

concrete dont dry on water, maybe something like bless it

4 hours ago, tamat said:

concrete dont dry on water

There are cements in concrete mixes that do not "dry" but "cure" and will harden under water. The Romans were apparently using such a hydraulic cement made using volcanic ash, much like the recipe we use in Wurm.

• Like 1

I just wanted something that could be used to raise rock tiles underwater that are deeper then the -25 slope. I don't think I am the only one either, I have read other posts where people where complaining that the concrete needed to be able to go further underwater. They weren't making it a suggestion, just commenting on another post. So I decided to see what others though as a suggestion since I am doing a long term project and ran into a few small area that are lower than the -25 slope under water.

• Like 1

The strength and longevity of Roman marine concrete is understood to benefit from a reaction of seawater with a mixture of volcanic ash and quicklime to create a rare crystal called tobermorite, which may resist fracturing. As seawater percolated within the tiny cracks in the Roman concrete, it reacted with phillipsite naturally found in the volcanic rock and created aluminous tobermorite crystals. The result is a candidate for "the most durable building material in human history". In contrast, modern concrete exposed to saltwater deteriorates within decades.

+1

Edited by Dufresne
  • Like 2

Bump. One of the silly restrictions on concrete that currently stops me from fixing a tunnel. I don't even mind the 40 slope restriction that forces me to throw thrice the amount of concrete at it, just let me do it.

On 7/15/2019 at 10:28 AM, Dranana1 said:

I just wanted something that could be used to raise rock tiles underwater that are deeper then the -25 slope. I don't think I am the only one either, I have read other posts where people where complaining that the concrete needed to be able to go further underwater. They weren't making it a suggestion, just commenting on another post. So I decided to see what others though as a suggestion since I am doing a long term project and ran into a few small area that are lower than the -25 slope under water.

Yep. Even many modern commercial concrete items are cured underwater for years before use. +1.

On 10/10/2019 at 11:01 AM, Flubb said:

I don't even mind the 40 slope restriction

What about 25 slope that is set to Epic? Absolutely rubbish. And i dont really get whats the point not allowing more than 25? like dirt walls can be made 300, yet rock for some reason is limited to 25? a joke lol.

CAN WE PLEASE GET THIS, even if it is only on Freedom.

Edited by Dranana1

why cant we change this since it would be an easy fix of just changing a few numbers that would solve this problem a lot. This would help so many people and if you wanted it could be restricted to only the Freedom server. I mean real concrete can be used under water at extraordinary depths, please help the players and make this possible. Who knows, it could also help the economy a lot as well and people might stay since they can do more with their land if they had this. I know I would be back on Exodus and ready to do more on my land there.

Edited by Dranana1