Sign in to follow this  
Olloch

Suggestion - Battle Depot

Recommended Posts

Hey all I was thinking of a way to generate some small scale skirmishes/world pvp.

 

Similar to Depot but with low-med level rewards.

 

Spawns every 13-25 hours in a random spot near the center of the map (steppe area?)

 

Marked by a giant beam of light in the sky.

 

Has a reward table like this:

70-90ql weapons

70-90ql armor

70-90ql horseshoes

Gems

Source crystals

.4 lump of Glimmersteel

.4 lump of Adamantite

 

Open to suggestions on the possible items.

 

 

Typical loot looks like this:

88ql Longsword

74ql small wooden shield

81ql chain sleeve

85ql leather chestpiece

69ql ruby

2 source crystals

1 .4 lump of Adamantite

 

I would keep the amount of glimmer and addy low to avoid flooding it.

 

The camp would function differently from the old depot because it would spawn semi randomly and require 5/10 minute timer to open/loot/capture

 

This would give both sides a chance to contest with who/what they have on at the time. If this doesnt promote world pvp we can beef up the rewards a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think a static spawn is a good idea because it will just be farmed by whoever is strongest, causing a snowball effect

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Alexgopen said:

I don't think a static spawn is a good idea because it will just be farmed by whoever is strongest, causing a snowball effect

Did you read the suggestion ?

 

It would spawn in potential nonpeak times Randomly. How is that a static spawn?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Olloch said:

Did you read the suggestion ?

 

It would spawn in potential nonpeak times Randomly. How is that a static spawn?

 

Static location

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

besides, ###### glimmer and addy and seryll,  i dont think any should spawn flat out

 

defiantly not at a depot or someshit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't the suggestion a random location, within the centre region of the map? So basically like a 700x700 box. Seems fairly reasonable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2019 at 2:32 PM, WhyThatPost said:

besides, ###### glimmer and addy and seryll,  i dont think any should spawn flat out

 

defiantly not at a depot or someshit

its spawning in hordes at battlecamps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, FranktheTank said:

Moon metal is already a bane of my existence. 

 

Also -1 because you took Nathan.

so would you be against SOMETHING to fight over in general or just against moonmetal?

We are getting several times more moonmetal from the battlecamps already. FYI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Olloch said:

so would you be against SOMETHING to fight over in general or just against moonmetal?

We are getting several times more moonmetal from the battlecamps already. FYI

Why do we need something to fight over?

 

I mean last night me and my boys went out roaming, with the side objective of finding chests.

 

Not everything needs to be strictly organized and compartmentalized. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, FranktheTank said:

Why do we need something to fight over?

 

I mean last night me and my boys went out roaming, with the side objective of finding chests.

 

Not everything needs to be strictly organized and compartmentalized. 

 

Bc chests are impossible for the loot council to keep track of.  They need organization to be sure that people arent skimming

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this