Sign in to follow this  
Yaga

WurmDate: Tool to convert a Wurm date to a real date (and vice versa)

I made WurmDate, a little web tool to convert Wurm dates (e.g. "day of the Wurm in week 2 of the starfall of Dancers in the year of 997") to their corresponding real dates (e.g. "31. May 2009") and vice versa.

This conversion is not quite as trivial as it may seem, because the simple rule "1 real day = 8 Wurm days" can not be applied without corrections. Whenever the Wurm servers are down for maintenance or other reasons, the in-game Wurm clock is stopped; thus the conversion algorithm must allow for past server downtimes. The tool therefore uses a list of "reference time stamps" and interpolates between them, using the "8x" rule mentioned above. (A reference time stamp is a known Wurm date together with its corresponding real date - usually taken from a player's event log.) The current version of WurmDate uses a list of 264 reference timestamps between 22. September 2007 and today.

The tool can be found here: https://yaga.host/wurmdate/

l3zgkEC.png

The conversion should have an accuracy of +/- 1 real day (except between 2007 and 2009, where I still need more reference data).

Due to limitations of the current reference list, the earliest date that can be converted is "day of Tears in week 1 of the starfall of the Leaf in the year of 983", corresponding to "23. September 2007". (... and I am not even quite sure if that date is correct...)

All veteran players: if you have been around before that date, please check your old log files and send me any time stamps (including the real dates) you can find between 2007 and 2009!

Acknowledgements: Special thanks go to my "web development teacher"  @Substr  for his most valuable input and his help in developing this tool. I am also very grateful to @Sandyarfor his extensive list of reference time stamps.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please check my other tools: WurmClock , WurmStatus , WurmSkills , DPMapAssist

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Like 6

I entered Tears 2 Snake 1039 and Awakening 2 Snake 1039 and got 6 April 2014 in both cases.

My event log says:

Logging started 2014-04-05
[17:30:03] It is 17:46:45 on day of Tears in week 2 of the Snake's starfall in the year of 1039.

[22:03:37] It is 04:46:17 on day of Awakening in week 2 of the Snake's starfall in the year of 1039.

A day earlier? (That's GMT+1, by the way.)

Edited by Palgolak
British Summer Time, not GMT

It seems to be one day out from then onwards until 17 April 2014:

Logging started 2014-04-16
[21:23:43] It is 06:13:23 on day of the Wurm in week 3 of the Raven's starfall in the year of 1039.

WurmDate Tool says 17 April

Logging started 2014-04-17
[14:24:15] It is 21:09:41 on day of the Ant in week 4 of the Raven's starfall in the year of 1039.

WurmDate Tool correctly says 17 April

Thanks.

The current accuracy is +/- 1 real day, as stated in the OP. I guess that's quite sufficient for any historical purpose - yet, I'll try to improve it further :)

Apologies, didn't read the OP carefully enough!

As it stands, it's a useful tool.

Today: [23:24:07] It is 22:38:10 on day of Sleep in week 4 of the starfall of Diamonds in the year of 1085.

Did /playtime

[23:24:39] You entered through the portal to Wurm on day of Awakening, week 1 of the starfall of Diamonds, 987. That's 4149 days, 2 hours and 15 minutes ago.

Got my email from Wurm:

Datum: 2/3/2008
Your new player Maiya has successfully been created on Wurm Online

Wurmdate gave me this:

WcRMUDI.png

Lives in Sweden UTC +01:00

and we  have leap year, we have had 2 leap year (2008 was one then 2012 and 2016 next is 2020) so guess you dont count those so then 28 feb will be correct date :)

Edited by Maiya

10 hours ago, Maiya said:

Got my email from Wurm:

Datum: 2/3/2008

Is that 2. March 2008 or 3. February 2008 ?  (As you live in Sweden I assume it is 2. March - only the US uses the very confusing format of having the day between month and year, if I remember correctly ;) )

8 hours ago, Yaga said:

Is that 2. March 2008 or 3. February 2008 ?  (As you live in Sweden I assume it is 2. March - only the US uses the very confusing format of having the day between month and year, if I remember correctly ;) )

yes its 2 march 2008 so those 2 days missing is the leapyear 2012 and 2016 

Thanks a lot for that info. Actually it is not the leap year (that's being accounted for), but the lack of reference time stamps between 2007 and 2009. :)

I added your data as a valid time stamp, so WurmDate should now show the correct result (once you clear the browser cache ;) ).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Yaga said:

Thanks a lot for that info. Actually it is not the leap year (that's being accounted for), but the lack of reference time stamps between 2007 and 2009. :)

I added your data as a valid time stamp, so WurmDate should now show the correct result (once you clear the browser cache ;) ).

yes now it show correct date :)