Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 11/JUL/19 Elevation revamp

Recommended Posts

PatchNotes.png

 

timer_E1562878846.svg

 

Elevation Revamp

Following discussion and a poll today we launch the new Elevation with a new map and many adjusted mechanics. These features only apply to Elevation with home servers keeping the usual mechanics. The Epic cluster will go down at approximately 9pm GMT for a quick restart with the following features enabled:

  • Elevation now has a new map with new starter deeds:
    • New Hope – Jenn-Kellon – North East.
    • Ignis – Mol-Rehan – North West.
    • Doomspine – Horde of the Summoned – South West.
  • Maximum digging slope has been reduced to 150 .
  • Maximum surface mining / tunneling slope has been reduced to 60.
  • There now needs to be a minimum of 3 tiles between mine doors.
  • A deed will disband automatically after five chained deed drains.
  • Meditation abilities over level 9 have been disabled.
  • Hate Damage Bonus Now Increases lockpicking chance.
  • Element Immunity now only lasts 5 minutes down from 30.
  • Characteristics and Fighting related skills receive less combat bonus in the higher levels(scaling).
  • Removed rare bonus from boats(No replacement for now).
  • Rare horse gear now takes less damage instead of granting a speed bonus.
  • Horses give birth faster.
  • Fresh Item Pool, cannot cross items from home server to elevation and back.
    • This is enforced with a player lockout if old items are found trying to be equipped or used. In order to resolve this a GM will be needed to remove them.
  • Border crossing will be disabled, travel only available via portal.
  • Trader contracts will not be purchasable and traders cannot be placed.
    • Traders will only sell Res Stones/Large Magic Chests/Sleep Powder/Shaker Orbs and can only be found in your starter town.
  • While item ban is in effect cross server mail is not available.
  • Increased cooldowns on Truestrike, Stoneskin and Continuum
  • Physical damage resistance and penalty effects from sorcery items changed to fall damage.
  • Karma home teleport has been disabled.
  • No new champions, current champions will be dechamped without the stat loss and will be given 70 faith.
  • Hell horses and Unicorns cannot be hitched or ridden.
  • For the first month moon metal from magic chests are removed, and a hota win offers slightly less than normal. The chest drop table has also been edited to include flint and steels and compasses.

As usual encountering any bugs or errors is best handled by reporting via the server bugs forum if not sensitive or ticket ingame if sensitive. Abuse of any of these mechanics or bugs can and will lead to harsh penalties.

The post Patch Notes 11/JUL/19 Elevation revamp appeared first on Wurm Online.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, DevBlog said:
  • Fresh Item Pool, cannot cross items from home server to elevation and back.
  • Border crossing will be disabled, travel only available via portal.

 so i have a question here. could you please tell me how the kingdom change should take place if the border crossing is disabled? eg yes i can teleport from JK home to JK in elevation, using portal, but how do i then teleport to MR home?

 

Also new item pool question. so how do we transfer items one home server to another if we cant bring them on to elevation which is the middle stop anyways...

Edited by Skatyna

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kingdom change:

1. Use the portal from Serenity to Elevation

2. Get converted to MR

3. Go to Ignite and use the Desertion portal from there

 

Regarding items: all are stuck on the current home servers for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My questions: what is the final item list that is allowed to portal with?

Spyglass, sleep powders? Anything else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jaz said:

Kingdom change:

1. Use the portal from Serenity to Elevation

2. Get converted to MR

3. Go to Ignite and use the Desertion portal from there

 

Regarding items: all are stuck on the current home servers for now.

 

 

cant we just have a special portal in home starter deeds to other home servers, that portals us with the inventory items to another home server converting to that kingdom automatically too? that would solve a lot of problems

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a note for everyone, sorry I should have made things more clear on the portal.

You must be totally naked and have absolutely no items on you except ones listed below.

 

The following items go through the portal on epic

Spyglass

Sleep Powder

Shaker Orb

Res Stone

 

If you have anything else on you please trade it to another account for now, I will be looking into better solutions in the future.

 

As far as home server transfers with items go, there is unlikely to be any way for the time to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

so mirrors need to be traded away before portaling over?

edit: and other nodrop items..

 

Edited by Jaz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so how long is the expected elevation lock out to last?

and last question - cross server mail is taken down completely for all servers or just new elevation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Darklords said:

Just a note for everyone, sorry I should have made things more clear on the portal.

You must be totally naked and have absolutely no items on you except ones listed below.

 

The following items go through the portal on epic

Spyglass

Sleep Powder

Shaker Orb

Res Stone

 

If you have anything else on you please trade it to another account for now, I will be looking into better solutions in the future.

 

As far as home server transfers with items go, there is unlikely to be any way for the time to do so.

 

What happens if you cross with a personal merchant contract for a merchant that's placed on a home server in your inventory?

 

Usually that contract wouldn't travel with you to another server, but will it break things when going through the portal to new Ele?

 

@Darklords

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking into the hand mirrors

 

The lockout will last as long as people want it.

 

It shouldn't let you cross with the merchant contact currently, you would need to trade it to another account for now.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Darklords said:

Looking into the hand mirrors

 

The lockout will last as long as people want it.

 

It shouldn't let you cross with the merchant contact currently, you would need to trade it to another account for now.

 

And what happens if you trade a merchant contract that's in use? What happens to the items on the merchant?

 

Edit: tested it out, it looks like the account you trade the contacrt to has full access to the items still. I.e. they don't disappear.

 

I think that must have been changed, as I seem to remember them disappearing when traded before!

Edited by Ryaanna

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh yeah and hand mirrors cannot be traded over either. So I'd say that is a showstopper for toons that have it on them if cannot be brought over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jaz said:

oh yeah and hand mirrors cannot be traded over either. So I'd say that is a showstopper for toons that have it on them if cannot be brought over.

Will be a patch before launch to let them through, thanks for bringing that up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Skatyna said:

so how long is the expected elevation lock out to last?

and last question - cross server mail is taken down completely for all servers or just new elevation?

 

How else would it affect you, are you mailing stuff from JKH to MRH or something 

the only option is from a home server to elevation anyways

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question is, how can one come from a home server to elevation smoothly? I am Freedom player, have crafted a few things on Desertion, partially for looking around, partially (very few) for journal goals. Ok, my rowboat went poof with old elevation, so what .. 

 

But do I have to strip naked and throw all stuff which is not 100% starter equipment onto my cart before using the portal? Or is there some kind of "Customs check" before I get stuck?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The portal seems to become unresponsive as you approach. You are carrying too much. Try removing 6 items from body and inventory.

Only carying a spyglass and a non droppable mirror???

Seems tabs in inventory counts as items... 

Down to 1 The portal seems to become unresponsive as you approach. You are carrying too much. Try removing 1 items from body and inventory.

 

Edited by Ninjarubberduck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Cornchips said:

 

How else would it affect you, are you mailing stuff from JKH to MRH or something 

the only option is from a home server to elevation anyways

 

indeed i am. it sucks ass forgetting few very important supreme/legendary items in the bank at old home server once kingdom was changed, then waiting a month purely so i can convert back to retrieve those items, only to find out that when im 1 day left to convert back, elevation server is taken down. no biggie one thinks, few more days.. and boom, new elevation without possibility for me to retrieve the items left behind for god knows how long. id say thats pretty important for me for those tools alone, never mind my 3 merchant contracts got frozen there too.. aint paying 30 silver once again for something i already have...

Edited by Skatyna

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2019 at 12:16 PM, DevBlog said:

 

  • Physical damage resistance and penalty effects from sorcery items changed to fall damage.

 

 

Does this mean just smoke of sol and red cherry?

 

Or does this mean tomes giving pierce resist and stuff like that are all just fall damage resist now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Alexgopen said:

Does this mean just smoke of sol and red cherry?

Just those 2, does not effect the other ones like slash ect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this