Sign in to follow this  
Kswords

Alliance Upkeep Menu

Simple suggestion:

Just a menu for deed holders to see upkeep of deeds in the alliance they are part of.

Would make it easier to let alliance members know when a deed in their alliance is running low or about to disband.

The menu could show the cost per month, upkeep left, and days left until disband.

• Like 7

Nope.

As was stated the only use this will get is for other alliance members to sit and wait for a deed to disband, not actually contribute to its upkeep.

So you guys are assuming everyone in Wurm is an ######?

Only reason I suggest this is because an alliance member disappeared recently and had I known he was low on upkeep I would've paid a bit to keep it up or had precautions to get his stuff to a safer place.

I can understand that a lot of people would use a menu like this in a wrong way though.

Edited by Kswords
SHRIMPIIE IS MY HERO
  • Like 4

I think this is a great idea. Providing you give players the option to disable it (In case they are paranoid). I have seen too many people come back after real life hits, to their deed being disbanded. So this get's a big +1 from me

• Like 2

Dedicated deed looters will probably have you on their radar regardless and swoop in the moment it disbands, and if you're so afraid that your very own alliance members would altogether rather loot than give a bit of upkeep then you've surrounded yourself with the wrong people. Only takes one person to save a deed from everyone else.

I know that plenty of people in my alliance care for anothers deed and even check manually sometimes - expressly to warn that player - and would probably like this overview.

• Like 1

huge +1

make it a toggle for ally, specific player and non citizens in the deed settings. obviously turned off by default. It can help to maintain large amounts of deeds (some of us have more than one), allow people to colaborate on public use deeds (i don't have too much hope here)... and help to maintain old pal deeds around... waiting for them to come back to the game.

• Like 2

+1 on the basis of it being a toggle for everyone but the mayor of the deed, wouldn't see much of a reason for alliance members to see it though

+1 from me as I have multiple deeds in the aliance so it would be nice to monitor all of them from my main

• Like 1

It should be left to the mayor of every deed who should be able to see that information: all alliance members/mayors, or only single players. And it should be turned off by default.

Else +1

• Like 2

Great suggestion! As KillerSpike mentioned it would be a convenience for those of us who own several deeds and have made them into an Alliance. Also yes, the mayor of each deed should be able to opt into this and even then set those within their own deed to be able to see these upkeep balances or not.

=Ayes=

On 7/11/2019 at 3:19 AM, tamat said:

-1, that could be used to loot deeds

I am usual the cynic, who believe the worst in human beings, but in this case I'll give a huge +1. I wouldn't be in an alliance if I didn't like or trust the people in it.

I like this idea, as long as a deed owner can disable it if wanted.

Why not go a step further and allow you to contribute to alliance deeds through this as well, same as how we can remotely add upkeep to our own deeds?

On 7/10/2019 at 9:22 PM, Shrimpiie said:

Nope.

As was stated the only use this will get is for other alliance members to sit and wait for a deed to disband, not actually contribute to its upkeep.

What Wulfgar said. If you're in an alliance with people you don't trust, that's a problem.

Speaking for my own alliance, that's not how it would go; if we saw that one of our deeds was getting low on upkeep, we'd try to contact the person. I've actually checked walls/fences on allied deeds before just because the player had been gone for a while and wanted to make sure their deed wasn't about to disband.

Also, keep this in mind: Even if you had someone in your alliance who was liable to be greedy and use this to loot someone else's deed ASAP, that single bad actor may not be able to accomplish as much since everyone else in the alliance also knows the deed is about to disband, letting them interfere or at least keep an eye on things.

Edited by Ostentatio
  • Like 4

+1

Seems to be looters are the only ones with a genuine reason to -1 this.

• Like 1

LOL

or had precautions to get his stuff to a safer place.

That's trully means: "I'll take it so no one would steal it."

You made my day.

• Like 1

Some people here actually store stuff for people that are on extended breaks,

named and on regular repair rounds, and then return them when the player returns.

At least one of us do it.

"points at herself"

• Like 2

Yeh; my general rule is store it for 6 months, and if no word is heard, pass it on to someone who can use it.

On 7/10/2019 at 10:54 PM, brattygirl said:

I think this is a great idea. Providing you give players mayors the option to disable it (In case they are paranoid).

I agree.

+1

+1.  And if it's an option, as has been suggested, then I see no problems with it

+1, seen multiple people come back a month or two after deed expiration only to immediately quit again.