Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes: 9/JUL/19

PatchNotes.png

• Epic has been taken down for the full revamp and reset of the Elevation map.
    • The home servers will reopen in the next few hours with Elevation being down until the 11th of July.
  • New: You can now set lockable bulk containers with permissions to not allow items to be placed in them below a specified quality level. Notes below:
    • Specified quality level is dictated in Integer of the ql of the attached lock (a 99.99ql small padlock would lock the container ql to 99).
    • Quality lock is effective meaning that a 100.0ql corn with 25 damage is equivalent to 75.0ql.
    • Only locked bulk containers can have the quality locked.
    • The quality lock option is located under the right click “permissions” when there is a lock attached.
    • To disable the feature just go back permissions and click “Disable Quality Lock”.
    • Removing the lock will also disable the feature. Note: You will need to re-enable the feature when re-attaching the lock, if you wish to continue using the system.
    • Bulk Container Unit shelves can each be locked separately, as well as each having there own perms, so as to allow each shelf to have their own Quality Lock.
    • Containers must be empty in order enable the quality lock.
    • Removing / replacing the lock will disable the quality lock.
    • Removing / replacing, disabling / enabling the quality lock will be saved to the items permissions history.
  • New: Added tile transmutation on all pvp servers with restrictions. Notes below:
    • PvP servers use more liquid to transmutate tile.
    • There needs to be 3 diggable tiles, excluding rock, between each transmutatable tile (CLAY, TAR, PEAT, MARSH).
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue with the tutorial which resulted in an error in some random cases.
  • Bugfix: You can no longer rune liquids.

The post Patch Notes: 9/JUL/19 appeared first on Wurm Online.

6 hours ago, DevBlog said:

New: Added tile transmutation on all pvp servers with restrictions. Notes below:

• There needs to be 3 diggable tiles, excluding rock, between each transmutatable tile (CLAY, TAR, PEAT, MARSH).

LOL! I think I may be able to claim that nerf as a legacy. :)

• Like 2

Well this new lock system will kill the only fun past time of Looting on the Freedom servers. If your going to do this then For the Love of God allow lock picking off deed or set locks to decay when a deed disbands. Some are going to complain, but my guess at least 50 percent of us loot and this will kill looting and at that point I don't see myself playing WURM anymore. Most of us already have a sorting system in place for quality of items on BSBs and crates, not sure why we need this. Can't we code in fun things to do instead of mundane stuff driving off players. 

• Like 5

We definitely need a way to loot abandoned stuff. My heart bleeds for the decaying rare carts with 50+ damage. They are definitely not even remembered by their owners anymore - for a long time.

Bulks -strictly off deed on PVE- really should have an option to be salvaged

• Like 2

Please DEVs, there must be some fun things to do. I know in the past folks have complained about off deed lock picking of abandoned carts, boats, and such, old chests, etc. Folks sometimes do return before stuff decays. A simple solution would be be a few GM Managed Ports or IE Parking garages where players could leave vehicles if they believe they will return. This would should appease those players who might return. Wouldn't require any coding and might even work as a server project or some such. Salvaging is fun, it breaks up the mundane. WURM is great, it just needs more fun stuff to do from time to time.

• Like 1

You guys can lockpick all the stuff you want on Epic. :)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Containers must be empty in order enable the quality lock.

This is a really poor way of handling this feature.  This means that if I want to change the ql of the lock to adjust the storage, or if I want to just start using it in the first place, I have to take everything out of the container.  Might work okay for a bin full of dirt, but when you have 40 different types of items stored in your "miscellaneous" bin or the  variety of items in your "animal parts for skilling" bin, that moving everything out and back in becomes a huge hassle.

I also think this feature overall is going to kill cleaning up the remains of old deeds.  It's bad enough when people lock storage containers for no good reason and so everything inside goes to waste.  Now a much larger percentage of containers will get locked.

Can we not just get an option on the interface for "set the quality limit to X" please??

• Like 5

23 hours ago, DevBlog said:

• New: Added tile transmutation on all pvp servers with restrictions. Notes below:

There's clay on top of the mountain 

Clay on top of the mountain

There's clay on top of the mountain,

and how did it get there?

How did it get there?

How did it get there?

There's clay on top of the mountain 

Clay on top of the mountain

There's clay on top of the mountain,

and how did it get there?

• Like 3

Olloch, your missing the point of Lock picking, sure we can on EPIC but cant bring any goodies home. Why go pick a lock where a player couldn't bring anything back home. I agree with Jaz above, all the abandoned carts, wagons, ships need to be dealt with in some way. Anything to keep a few fun things in the game helps keep interest and may even draw some folks back. WURM is really lacking in any activities other than craft, craft some more, kill a troll that snuck in, craft some more, Rift, repair...........

38 minutes ago, ArthurHawkwing said:

Olloch, your missing the point of Lock picking, sure we can on EPIC but cant bring any goodies home. Why go pick a lock where a player couldn't bring anything back home. I agree with Jaz above, all the abandoned carts, wagons, ships need to be dealt with in some way. Anything to keep a few fun things in the game helps keep interest and may even draw some folks back. WURM is really lacking in any activities other than craft, craft some more, kill a troll that snuck in, craft some more, Rift, repair...........

just move to epic, epic becomes your new home, ez

14 hours ago, ArthurHawkwing said:

Well this new lock system will kill the only fun past time of Looting on the Freedom servers. If your going to do this then For the Love of God allow lock picking off deed or set locks to decay when a deed disbands. Some are going to complain, but my guess at least 50 percent of us loot and this will kill looting and at that point I don't see myself playing WURM anymore. Most of us already have a sorting system in place for quality of items on BSBs and crates, not sure why we need this. Can't we code in fun things to do instead of mundane stuff driving off players. 

?

• Like 1

I remember a time where we didn't have rifts, we had less servers, no glimmer or ada, no valrei, no hota, no respawning uniques, no playwr gods.. and the game was way more populous.

Weird.

1 hour ago, Oreo said:

I remember a time where we didn't have rifts, we had less servers, no glimmer or ada, no valrei, no hota, no respawning uniques, no playwr gods.. and the game was way more populous.

Weird.

Yeah, and we only had small carts and could swim forever. None of those things really have anything to do with the lack of population, though.

I'd elaborate further, but it's a topic that belongs in the "How to kill your game" thread.

• Like 2

So if I understand this right the new lock system is more for and mainly Bulk Storage Units and being able to lock those by Quality. That makes more sense then adding this to all storage items. I would like to see more on this lock system explained how it is intended to work. Would be nice if we could vote on this stuff to, not sure that is needed though. I see alot of neat Ideas get suggested as far as new trees, streams and rivers, glass making, bottles, new tree types, etc etc. Would love to see Devs work on that stuff than a new sorting and lock system.

On 7/9/2019 at 3:54 PM, DevBlog said:

There needs to be 3 diggable tiles, excluding rock, between each transmutatable tile (CLAY, TAR, PEAT, MARSH).

MARSH??? I thought the list for transmutable tiles was Clay, Tar, Peat, Tundra...

Maybe these patch notes are an indication that the suggestion to add a Marsh transmutation liquid is making it into the game...

• Like 1

I'm more in favour of adding lockipicking ofdeed, atleast for bsbs and fsbs. It will bring new thrill of you want to loot 90+ ql mats for example. You would have to break 90+ ql lock which requires skill, this update with this addition would be awesome. It wouldn't be just the first that is on site but also the one who has some skill too.

Lockipicking skill is very useless on pve and needs some love, this would encourage people to grind it, also some creatures(trolls, goblins) could drop locked small chests with various treasures like some coins, gems etc. You could dig up locked chest while digging, fish up locked small chests etc. People with high lockpicking could buy those boxes without knowing what's in it(it can be empty) or can simply offer service of lockipicking.

• Like 2

I'm not sure about the treasure chests but I've never thought about how it makes lockpicking useful on freedom. I really like the idea. 

New-er players could scrub on pve grinding lockpicking on their own locked stuff than move to chaos and steal candy from the locals there.. unless other events prevent that...
I had lockpick 5x boats with old goal system... took me a bit.. to get ~10-15 skill to lockpick my sailboat 5 times.... I cheated tho.. didn't grind much... just used higher ql lockpicks to get initial percent boost from the QL... used the 3-5% chance to eventually get it done, rather than... grind longer for no reason.. after all it's useless for me beyond that goal.

Sign in to follow this