Sign in to follow this  
Wulfgar

Peanuts!

It has come to my attention that we don't have peanuts in Wurm, which is a great injustice against the greatest nut in the universe.

We have coconuts, walnuts, hazelnuts, so why not peanuts?

Wouldn't it be great to put peanut butter on your sandwich?

I suggest adding peanuts, made by combining peas with a nut, possibly walnut or acorn, since pinenuts and hazelnuts are used in creating pineapple and coconut.

Feel free to add suggestions for recipes with peanuts.

• Like 5

yes and yes , I would love me some salted peanuts to go with my beer........ so a big +1 from me

1 hour ago, Wulfgar said:

Feel free to add suggestions for recipes with peanuts.

+1 .. maybe crafting from peas and walnuts :)

Really good idea that opens up lots of culinary opportunities:

1. Peanut Power Balls-  peanut butter (create peanut using pea and nut then combine with butter of  choice), milk (of choice), honey and choc chips (could substitute ground cocoa bean using mortar and pestle. Stir in basin. Use spoon to create balls. Add ice to basin to complete. 

2. Peanut Brittle- unsalted peanuts (again choice of salt / no salt), sugar (ground), corn syrup (made from maple syrup and corn boiled together),  water, bicarb of soda (this is a salt so normal salt could be substituted here).  Spoon out onto parchment (use papyrus sheet).

3. Peanut Butter Cookies- peanut butter (created as above), golden caster sugar (ground sugar beet with a little honey), salt, egg. Bake

4. Honey Peanuts- sugar, salt, honey, water, skinless peanuts (remove skin), butter (of your choice). Heat in pan.

5. Creamy peanut sauce- peanut butter (created as above),  double cream (normal cream with sugar stirred in basin),  golden syrup (maple syrup and a little honey). Heat in pan until all combined.

Just a few of the possible recipes that we could create using Wurm technology.

+1

• Like 4

Now I needz me some peanut butter in a big jar and a big spoon ..

And the list of recipes from Spolmit is .. ugh, I need more peanut butter!!!

+1

Kinda like harvest peas and hazelnuts and combine those to get peanuts kinda thingy?

Yeah, I like that.

Thorin :)

7 hours ago, Wulfgar said:

I suggest adding peanuts, made by combining peas with a nut

I think these are farm crops on the outside so it would seem to me that the same should be here. Not that I really see much need for them though.

=Ayes=

7 hours ago, Wulfgar said:

I suggest adding peanuts, made by combining peas with a nut,

I suggest making them by breeding a pig with a monkey. Might get some nice traits on this peanut then:

8dw0txP.png

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Spolmit said:

<snip>

Nice suggestions for peanut related foods. Now I want peanuts even more.

17 hours ago, Locath said:

I suggest making them by breeding a pig with a monkey. Might get some nice traits on this peanut then:

Thanks for your valuable contribution to this thread.

17 hours ago, Ayes said:

I think these are farm crops on the outside so it would seem to me that the same should be here. Not that I really see much need for them though.

Adding them as normal farm crops would also be acceptable, but how can you not see the need for them? They are super healthy (protein bombs), and tasty, unlike coconuts and pineapples.