Sign in to follow this  
Jaz

Asking for best practice to catch a 75kgs fish

I'm lost -and may be lost forever- on the new fishing system. I have a hard time time to figure out how to achieve the 75kg fish journal goal.

What I think I understand is that I need a special fish tile and try to catch marlins or white sharks as those are the only options with large enough weight per ql.

Which is the specific season and daytime where these are possible to catch?

Also what equipment do I need for it? 

Many thanks for any clues!

I just went on white shark tile with high ql(95+ think) rare professional rod and used smaller fishes as bait and feather as float. I have 91 fishing.

Caught it relatively fast ;)

What I could dig up from wiki is using minnow for marlin and perch and such for white shark should be working best.

I guess pro reel and metal hooks should be used ... and thickest possible lines too?

1 hour ago, Jaz said:

What I could dig up from wiki is using minnow for marlin and perch and such for white shark should be working best.

I guess pro reel and metal hooks should be used ... and thickest possible lines too?

Yeah, I think was using mostly perch, didn't really payed attention I used whatever was caught by fishing net. And yes iron hooks and thickest line, not sure what's the name, but the one most complicated to use and professional reel

You will need:

• Litd pendulum to locate white shark or marlin spots
  • Perch for white sharks and minnows for marlins
  • A professional reel
  • Braided lines
  • Fishing pole
  • Metal hooks
  • Floats (twigs seem to be the easiest)
  • Lots of time.

As fish do have difficulties (even if not listed) and the ql of the fish determines the weight of the fish, and because both marlins and white sharks are special fish...it will take you some fishing skilling to get to the point where you can catch those at a ql big enough for 75kg.

For me....I started skilling fishing exactly for this purpose and my 75+kg white shark I caught (with quite a bit of luck) at 69 fishing. Under that is not that you don't catch them, but just like with casting, the ql mean depends heavily on your skill.

Fishing is still not a hard skill, I was averaging about 2 skillpoints per hour...once you play a bit with the reels (Hint: the best reel is not the best for everything, for top skillgain you need to adjust the reel to what you are catching and to your skill level)

Hope this helps!

Edited by Thorakkanath
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Thorakkanath said:

For me....I started skilling fishing exactly for this purpose and my 75+kg white shark I caught (with quite a bit of luck) at 69 fishing. Under that is not that you don't catch them, but just like with casting, the ql mean depends heavily on your skill.

You were lucky indeed, I managed to hook a few reasonably sized sharks but didn't manage to catch a sufficiently large one until a few skill points later, I think around 75 skill (TODO: Check skill on main later)? And that was with a 98ql rare rod. I only deviated in the floats, which were moss. Allegedly the best according to the wiki, but that feels debatable since others seem to have caught it faster? Try out a few of them and see which makes most sharks appear, if it matters at all. For me, sharks felt kinda rare to appear.

Unless you have easy access to ocean waters, grinding beforehand can save you a lot of trouble and frustration. The more the better. Iirc I used a medium rod which still works well in the right water depths to grind through the 70s.