Sign in to follow this  

30 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

If there's nothing anywhere to let people know that something could be off to begin with, why would someone contact a staff member? 

It is a certain crowd who practically hijacked the forums, several among them taking pride to not have played Wurm for years, who come here with endless rants.

It reminds a broken marriage with never ending grudge and complaints. This champ sh*t is a good example: A member of the staff, in the middle of a lot of activities and preparations, oversteps in considering a behaviour exploitative and unruly. The undue disciplinary is then reverted. It is not unlikely that this could also have been achieved in calm discussion outside a public sphere and without a shitstorm insulting a staff member as "the PR guy" repeatedly. Only for that a forum ban would have been justified already, but then the crowd would howl "censorship". And even after an apology and the faulty decision reverted the complaint is repeated again and again. Not toxic? Gimme a break.

Such neverending rant is making forum threads unreadable and a pain.  And that from you who is one of the better from that crowd. Et tu, fili.

As much as I disagree to much Thorin has written or feel it to be over the top, here he certainly has a point.

Edited by Ekcin

5 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

It is a certain crowd who practically hijacked the forums, several among them taking pride to not have played Wurm for years, who come here with endless rants.

It reminds a broken marriage with never ending grudge and complaints. This champ sh*t is a good example: A member of the staff, in the middle of a lot of activities and preparations, oversteps in considering a behaviour exploitative and unruly. The undue disciplinary is then reverted. It is not unlikely that this could also have been achieved in calm discussion outside a public sphere and without a shitstorm insulting a staff member as "the PR guy" repeatedly. Only for that a forum ban would have been justified already, but then the crowd would howl "censorship". And even after an apology and the faulty decision reverted the complaint is repeated again and again. Not toxic? Gimme a break.

Such neverending rant is making forum threads unreadable and a pain.  And that from you who is one of the better from that crowd. Et tu, fili.

As much as I disagree to much Thorin has written or feel it to be over the top, here he certainly has a point.

I don't know if you misquoted but this has nothing to do with wondering why people should contact staff to find out if there's risk involved in doing something when there's nothing to tell them they need to in the first place

3 hours ago, MrGARY said:

If there's nothing anywhere to let people know that something could be off to begin with, why would someone contact a staff member? 

If I wanted to champ to complete my 70 prayer goal knowing I would dechamp back to 50 faith, and I didn't see any post made just before about a sudden penalty for champing, and there were no ingame alerts while going to do it and not before doing it, why would I contact any staff member to do something thats been done for more than a decade?

Should I contact a GM before I drop food in a pile under my pet every time I go to feed it just to be sure I won't be breaking any sudden rules that I would never know to expect?

Not long after we got the entire food update, I found out that it's possible to fill up your CCFP bars by taking a few bites of high ql food, then using refresh from either meditation or sacking rares to get the 100% food, water and nutrition, something that players may use to their benefit.

Because I had my doubts wether or not it was an exploit, I kept my mouth shut, waited for a CA to log in and asked that CA in a PM if what I discovered was considered an exploit or not. Turned out it wasn't, so no harm done, but the fact I asked if it was a possible exploit was apreciated.

By doing  this, I'm not saying I'm a saint or something. But I find it very ironical that players from a country having the saying "better safe than sorry", the moment they can do something to what that saying applied, they choose for "sorry" and start whining about it afterwards when  things turn out to be wrong.

Anyway, as you can see, it's that easy to think ahead and when having doubts asking a staff member about it.

But if you think you need GM permission to take a dump, go ahead and ask them. I'm pretty sure they get bored of your childish behaviour at some point and either mute you or simply ban you.

The "funny" thing is, some changes we have in game were done because of exploits done by the PvP community. Yet, the moment those changes are announced, the PvP community is on fire because it's "unfair towards the PvP community."

Like complaining to a police officer that speeding ticket is unfair because you were only driving 20 mph faster as was allowed.

But as my previous post pointed out, it's not the only thing that bugs me about this entire thing.

A staff member is put to shame here and even after the staff member appologizes, the one doing the naming and shaming doesn't have the guts to admit (s)he went out of his / her leage as well and post a public appology. Something Ekcin also points out.

As for the toxicty of some players, it's not just happening at the forums, it's happening ingame as well.

I've seen players being accused of selling items which were just imped at an impalong, simply be cause said players did a price check for 70ql items. The accusations were done by someone who wasn't even at that impalong, nor even considered that the accused player may have managed to get a skill to 70 at the impalong.

Nope, it was simply, Oh, you want to sell 70ql items? You're selling items imped by others for free at an impalong. In other words, jumping conclusions without asking if that player got 70 skill or not.

I've seen players freak out about a hole being dug at the side of a road, accusing new players; without even being on-line when that hole was dug, so not even knowing if it was a new player digging that hole. However, what's forgotten is that new players in general don't even know!! they're not supposed to dig holes at the side of the road.

I've seen players being accused of stealing coins from a chest, simply because that chest was empty when the owner returned to the decaying house at an disbanded deed.

I've seen players complain about the X-mas gift, whining about it being useless, ugly or whatever. Those players aparently have forgotten that the Dev's worked some time to get everything done in time and that the present is something that's given to us for free. Yet, players complain about a gift?! A saying about gifted horses and mouths come to mind here, as I think it's bloody ungrateful to be negative about a gift.

I've seen players DEMANDING compensation the moment a server had problems or a serious bug hit the game. Four years ago, getting SB because of a problem was exceptional. Today it's considered a minimum payment for "lost" playtime.

I've seen players starting arguments with others simply because player A didn't like what player B thought of a certain event, not willing to even listen or having respect of someone's opinion.

As said, I've seen too much arrogant, elitist, toxic behaviour ingame and that too is one of the reasons I'm wondering if I should continue playing this game or not.

WO used to be bigger as the sum of its parts when I joined the game four years ago.

Right now it's broken into parts of which some are fighting with others.

We got the PvP part which only wants the best for PvP  and I know there's even a PvP-player who'd give up both balls if WO PvE was shut down.

We got a PvE part which only wants the best for PvE. And I'm pretty sure there are players in that group wishing the PvP servers would be shut down permanently.

We got the staff who tries to please all groups, but fails misserable because there are certain loud mouths complaining about every change done to the game.

We got a few players who're trying to improve this game by making suggestions about what to improve.

We got players who've never set a foot at Xanadu, yet always complain about the lag at that server.

And we got the silent majority who just want to enjoy this game and have fun, but who're leaving because certain groups think WO is THEIR game and the staff and players are working for them.

I used to be part of that silent majority. Right now, I'm considering if I'm going to be part of those who leave the game because of how a group of players are behaving.

I got about 6 months to decide. I wonder if it's not too long.

Thorin

Edited by Thorinoakshield
fixed typo's

47 minutes ago, Thorinoakshield said:

Not long after we got the entire food update, I found out that it's possible to fill up your CCFP bars by taking a few bites of high ql food, then using refresh from either meditation or sacking rares to get the 100% food, water and nutrition, something that players may use to their benefit.

Because I had my doubts wether or not it was an exploit, I kept my mouth shut, waited for a CA to log in and asked that CA in a PM if what I discovered was considered an exploit or not. Turned out it wasn't, so no harm done, but the fact I asked if it was a possible exploit was apreciated.

By doing  this, I'm not saying I'm a saint or something. But I find it very ironical that players from a country having the saying "better safe than sorry", the moment they can do something to what that saying applied, they choose for "sorry" and start whining about it afterwards when  things turn out to be wrong.

alright but the difference is imagine if you were able to take a bite to fill your ccfp bars and then refresh for more than a decade and it was widely known and used as intended working, you wouldn't suddenly be concerned it's an exploit would you?  Now imagine you will get penalized for doing something that, and I emphasize this, has been a game mechanic for more than a decade and without an ingame warning telling you not to.  Wouldn't you be upset?  Now imagine this happens after you were already previously banned in error a while ago, wouldn't you be more upset?  This is what has actually gone down and is why people are upset.  They don't want a sorry after the fact, they want to not get punished for someone else's error in the first place.  They probably don't want to be called toxic for being understandably upset about it either, but as you can see, it's that easy to assume you understand and just call people toxic when you don't

• Like 1

This was a change to the established mechanic. 

This was champs being reset to 70 faith without characteristic penalties VS being set to 50 with penalties. 

Both members have admitted that their intention was a quick jump in faith with no penalty and did not see it as an exploit. 

The note was intended for existing champs to soften the blow, not for players to champ up between the VI and the update 

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

Both members have admitted that their intention was a quick jump in faith with no penalty and did not see it as an exploit. 

Unless I'm missing a change of story in some other thread/medium, the one posting here was about the quick jump in prayer, not faith.  Nothing changed in the temporary prayer gain from champing mechanic and champing to complete the prayer skill goal is not new and widely known

The dechamping without characteristic loss as well. It's a situation that is purely due to the announcement in VI. 

Those merchant contracts should just disappear after crossing like deed papers. It's strange that I need to pass them to another character to be able to portal to Elevation.

53 minutes ago, Wilczan said:

Those merchant contracts should just disappear after crossing like deed papers. It's strange that I need to pass them to another character to be able to portal to Elevation.

yeah that is the only valid and professional solution

12 hours ago, Retrograde said:

This was a change to the established mechanic. 

This was champs being reset to 70 faith without characteristic penalties VS being set to 50 with penalties. 

The note was intended for existing champs to soften the blow, not for players to champ up between the VI and the update 

This is a flat out lie and misinterpretation. You took a joke I made in private to you as literal and decided to run with it and then accuse us of exploiting. I made a joke about wanting 70 faith, ofc that was not the reason why we did it and I already explained why. Its dishonest on your part that you insist thats the case. As I pointed out before we had 65 faith and over 10 personal prem accounts we can do sermons with, not to mention the kingdom sermon alts. I could name them if you dont believe me and you can check yourself.

But that is moot point now, isnt it?

9 hours ago, Retrograde said:

The dechamping without characteristic loss as well. It's a situation that is purely due to the announcement in VI. 

As I understand it, this is completely irrelevant since all it takes is for a dechamped person to take the portal to freedom and come back to Epic and it resets their stats to freedom values, since they dont get a x3 penalty when dechamping. So what characteristics are being exploited?

Besides, this is a priest, on Epic. Who cares aboit characteristics? You are trying to paint us as these exploiters that deserve to be punished because you are too arrogant to admit you jumped the gun and things could had been better handled. Cut it out Retro, we've talked about this enough. Admit you read the situation wrong and move on.

8 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

This is a flat out lie and misinterpretation. You took a joke I made in private to you as literal and decided to run with it and then accuse us of exploiting. I made a joke about wanting 70 faith, ofc that was not the reason why we did it and I already explained why. Its dishonest on your part that you insist thats the case. As I pointed out before we had 65 faith and over 10 personal prem accounts we can do sermons with, not to mention the kingdom sermon alts. I could name them if you dont believe me and you can check yourself.

But that is moot point now, isnt it?

As I understand it, this is completely irrelevant since all it takes is for a dechamped person to take the portal to freedom and come back to Epic and it resets their stats to freedom values, since they dont get a x3 penalty when dechamping. So what characteristics are being exploited?

Besides, this is a priest, on Epic. Who cares aboit characteristics? You are trying to paint us as these exploiters that deserve to be punished because you are too arrogant to admit you jumped the gun and things could had been better handled. Cut it out Retro, we've talked about this enough. Admit you read the situation wrong and move on.

You Should know beTter than tryIng to tell staff joKes.  

• Like 2

Just now, Alexgopen said:

You Should know beTter than tryIng to tell staff joKes.  

Jesus. 

Yes Arakielx -totally- needed those 5 points so bad we had no choice but take advantage of the system to get them! Is not like we could had sermoned for literally a day or two to get to 70! Yup. That's why.

/end sarcasm

On 7/9/2019 at 12:15 PM, Keenan said:

Having some experience with the ins and outs of Steam, we'd have to outright ban account/item/silver sales to be listed on Steam. Our current stance is obviously hands-off, but that wouldn't be enough.

So in total honesty I did not believe this was the case when I originally read it. I always assumed that it was generally the company ToS/EULA that dictated those restrictions, mainly for the reasons of keeping game integrity. I also didn't believe this because Valve games themselves via CS:GO, TF2, and similar allow selling items for real money (caveat being it's through steam wallet, but still). This prompted me to contact Steam support directly and ask them directly whether or not a game which allows players to trade items for real money would be allowed.

Unfortunately sometimes it's hard to convey the specific details of a situation... so it ended up being a back-and-forth over the past week trying to get into the finer details that there was no in-game method by which to support trading in-game items (ex. Diablo 3's real money auction house) and that it wasn't linked with the steam inventory nor would that be realistic (because then steam wallet could be used to purchase/sell items between players). It also had to be clarified that the servers where the items were held was on the company server, and not a private one (where the rules change: see Wurm Unlimited and players having cash shops as a prime example).

In the end, I finally got some clarification. I admit I was wrong with my initial assumptions, and here's a couple of responses to my inquiries that you can use if the topic comes up again:

i58G8Yp.png

iz166zN.png

• Like 4

On 7/8/2019 at 11:51 PM, Rhianna said:

I don't think he will play and I've decided not to either. I am also sickened by the amount of toxicity from certain people and no longer want to have anything to do with this version of epic, maybe down the line but not now

[18:47:13] Scottius slain by Zigon, Titanic, Gianna, Zentil, Rhianna, Acer
[18:49:36] Judicator slain by Zehive, Rolandt, Zentil, Ciray, Rhianna, Acer, Zigon, Titanic, Gianna, Moonpoppy, Johnny
[18:51:54] Togiodi slain by Sphygmo, Mith, Zehive, Rolandt, Manik, Zentil, Rhianna, Zigon, Arudash, Titanic, Brunwulf, Gianna, Moonpoppy, Johnny
[18:54:24] Bloodyhell slain by Mith, Zehive, Rolandt, Zentil, Ciray, Rhianna, Zigon, Titanic, Gianna, Moonpoppy, Johnny
[18:55:17] Deathangel slain by Mith, Rolandt, Arudash, Ciray, Rhianna, Acer, Gianna, Moonpoppy, Johnny

4 hours ago, thekraken said:

[18:47:13] Scottius slain by Zigon, Titanic, Gianna, Zentil, Rhianna, Acer
[18:49:36] Judicator slain by Zehive, Rolandt, Zentil, Ciray, Rhianna, Acer, Zigon, Titanic, Gianna, Moonpoppy, Johnny
[18:51:54] Togiodi slain by Sphygmo, Mith, Zehive, Rolandt, Manik, Zentil, Rhianna, Zigon, Arudash, Titanic, Brunwulf, Gianna, Moonpoppy, Johnny
[18:54:24] Bloodyhell slain by Mith, Zehive, Rolandt, Zentil, Ciray, Rhianna, Zigon, Titanic, Gianna, Moonpoppy, Johnny
[18:55:17] Deathangel slain by Mith, Rolandt, Arudash, Ciray, Rhianna, Acer, Gianna, Moonpoppy, Johnny

She changed her mind. What's wrong with that? Just as someone can change their mind in a split second because of a single incident that left a sour taste in their mouth (me) someone can get some information about how much fun they are having or have friends talk them into joining up.

Sad that you need to point it out though, like if that proves anything.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

She changed her mind. What's wrong with that? Just as someone can change their mind in a split second because of a single incident that left a sour taste in their mouth (me) someone can get some information about how much fun they are having or have friends talk them into joining up.

Sad that you need to point it out though, like if that proves anything.

I am woman - we change our minds sometimes lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rhianna said:

I am woman - we change our minds sometimes lol

Sometimes? Lol I'm married. You're not fooling me!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

I'm married. You're not fooling me!

Seems like youve already been fooled. ;)

Edited by Nordlys
  • Like 1