Sign in to follow this  

11 minutes ago, AceRifle said:

I mean she was also in your kingdom for a much longer time so invalid point bud.

Shes been my enemy a lot longer than shes been my friend homeslice

3 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

And because I am upset at the way Retro handled this and I am voicing it out.

Theres a reason why they reversed the decision. They realized they handled it poorly and now they're backpedaling.

If public outrages reaches a certain point they'll bend. Enough people vocalized how insane it was to punish someone for something so insignificant.

11 minutes ago, Olloch said:

Shes been my enemy a lot longer than shes been my friend homeslice

Friends the whole time.

13 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

First is not my account bud. Second, we already stated we're not playing on Epic anymore. So yeah.

As to why I keep posting? Because I want to. Because its my computer and I do what I want. And because I am upset at the way Retro handled this and I am voicing it out.

If you don't like it, then stop reading. No one is forcing you.

Didn’t say it was your account. I don’t  care if your playing or not because you will. Nature of the beast. Will it be the forums or ingame.

You keep posting because your upset for playing in the grey area. 

Retro and the dev team handle it well they should of been harsher. Kids been playing long enough to spot a grey area.

Never said I dislike your whining I’m just intrigued.

Clam down it’s just a game don’t take it personal.

7 minutes ago, Olloch said:

If public outrages reaches a certain point they'll bend. Enough people vocalized how insane it was to punish someone for something so insignificant.

And that is bad practice... first to bend when enough pressure is applied... whoever have to do that appears weak (just see our usual politicians out there)... second, it was utterly wrong to walk down a path where people HAD to vocalize how insane something was... (once again... check our usual politicians and poor decisions made).

I know we are all humans and flawed but I find weird that some things get no reactions when players complain about it for a while (yellowfinger case anyone?!) and others are just gun downed outright without any real big orange notice being popped on all the involved servers ABOUT NOT DOING SOMETHING (like we still have about pvp bans, money scammers and god know what else).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AceRifle said:

Friends the whole time

you forgot the part where i said gary and caught a ban

Ill leave it up to sme to decide if we are friends

6 minutes ago, Olloch said:

you forgot the part where i said gary and caught a ban

Ill leave it up to sme to decide if we are friends

All an act.

@OdynnSpeaking for myself at least, I can't speak for all my friends who came back to play. But when I see stuff like this it makes me less likely to come back/reprem/continue playing this game.

I want to make the epic revival a success because I know darklords and ausimus put a ton of effort and continue to put a ton of effort in. I also know they do it for the love of the game and because they were players first. I hope everyone recognizes that and gives them at least that much.

When I see snap punishments thrown out from the PR guy it makes me and some others less likely to continue playing the game. I look at this situation and think "Dang, this could have been me." or "Man, I really need to watch the forums to make sure I don't break any rules that might spring up"

I know for a fact that stuff like this has a chilling effect on players. I think oversight and rules make sense on pve servers, keeping the highways from getting torn up etc, but quick and harsh decisions like this scare the pvp community. I played for years without too much GM intervention, save for finding a stuck horse once in awhile and I think that needs to be the way it stays.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AceRifle said:

Yeah Rolf and like 2 others were playing. Mongols found out and destroyed him. But the changes he made to the game when he was actually play were great.

I honestly wish every developer would play. I'd invite any dev that wants to to come pvp with us. The more they can see the game through our eyes the more we can find some common ground.

Edit: Except Keenan

Edited by Olloch
  • Like 2

Funny thing is Ausimus had no solid plans to play.

But I got told to go to grid a 1 from a secret source guys. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mclavin said:

Funny thing is Ausimus had no solid plans to play

I hope he does play tbh. He deserves to have fun as much as anyone.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Mclavin said:

Funny thing is Ausimus had no solid plans to play.

But I got told to go to grid a 1 from a secret source guys. 

I heard he’s not playing anymore due to him knowing the map. Shame because all they had to do was give us a map.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Evilreaper said:

the major factor that has steadily doomed wurm's new player population:

account trading.... the ultimate form of pay to win... top tier players never quit, this has been proven time and time again... and because of this account trading its effect is pushing the key factors of the game downward:
A) economy: higher tier crafters will always continue to create / sell large quantities of their crafts and when said player gets bored of farming wurm for 30E per week they sell the account for what they paid for it and move on
B ) PVP, nothing is more discouraging to a new player than realizing that it will take ages for them to be useful in pvp because top pvp accounts are continually sold / traded and the only thing worse than dying on pvp server and losing all your stuff, is dying to an account that you just saw was sold recently... if they had used their own toon you might have had a chance
C) one of the biggest draws of a slow-paced game like wurm is having something to show for all the hard work and time you have put into the game, but in the end, its just a game, not an investment or a source of income, and people who treat it as such are killing it for a lot of players who just enjoy it as a game.

there are many arguments that you cant pvp unless you have been grinding for years, but this would not be the case if the high end accounts that have been sold over and over because the original homie is long gone from wurm would be gone so the average skills would be considerably lower allowing much newer accounts to be more competitive

and until this account trading has stopped the game will continue to push people away and just promote pay to win new players buying top end accounts and farming them continuing to destroy the in-game economy and pvp communities and discourage newcomers who see it all over the forums and trade chat

Agreed, but we are quite a ways away from this change.

2 hours ago, Olloch said:

Ausimus is one of the best people I know. I don't question his integrity at all.
I think at the very worst its going to be difficult for Ausimus to pretend he doesn't know the map, or let others lead.

As far as TC gaining an advantage overall, I doubt it. Will Ausimus have a leg up on people? Yeah probably for the first few days. Will he act on it? Not consciously.

Ausimus is in your group right? Just checking. If he plays.

Edited by FranktheTank

6 minutes ago, FranktheTank said:

Ausimus is in your group right? Just checking. If he plays.

Ausimus is NOT in my group.

Ausimus plays with TC as far as I know.

I"m saddened to see this become a kvk thing all over again vs sticking to the issues.  The reason why it's good idea to not go into kvk rationals and stick to issues go beyond bias but more into while you may support that one day if it benefits your kingdom, the pendulum swings both ways and usually.  That same group once supporting the idea are the first to cry how unfair something is when the very same thing they once enjoyed happens to them.  It is for this i truly wished players didn't trash other players for kingdom affiliation but look at what is good for the player base as an entirety.  

2 sayings in my field of work in urban planning

Nimbyism= not in my back yard, the notion oh it's a great idea as long as it isn't next to my house and doesn't  impact me.

All politics are local= that is the notion that state regulation knows not what is best to a local municipality only those living within it are best versed.  Yet failing to concede to the notion they don't live in a vaccum and regionalism is a think where the surround evirons impact each other.  The point here is people often side with what suits their individual needs best vs the collective.

Edited by Bloodscythe

1 hour ago, Odynn said:

And that is bad practice... first to bend when enough pressure is applied... whoever have to do that appears weak (just see our usual politicians out there)... second, it was utterly wrong to walk down a path where people HAD to vocalize how insane something was... (once again... check our usual politicians and poor decisions made).

I know we are all humans and flawed but I find weird that some things get no reactions when players complain about it for a while (yellowfinger case anyone?!) and others are just gun downed outright without any real big orange notice being popped on all the involved servers ABOUT NOT DOING SOMETHING (like we still have about pvp bans, money scammers and god know what else).

I have no problems with punishments dished out when justified. I have a problem when the staff dishes out punishment without first doing a proper investigation and then making an appropriate determination. But when the PR guy jumps the gun and makes a rash decision where he assumes what the intention was, yeah I have a problem with that. This is the second time this year me or someone from my gaming circle falls victim to lack of diligence from staff. First I had an account banned for NO REASON and now this. This mess could had been avoided if a GM would had approached us and been like: "Yo, wtf?" "Oh, sorry Mr. GM, we didn't mean to do that, we'll dechamp." Boom, problem solved. We regrind our faith, everyone happy.

Instead Retro went on a Crusade against the multitude of players that rushed to the WL to cha....oh wait it was only 2 guys. Damn, why couldn't a GM talk to them again?

The same effort that was put towards shaming and punishing players could had been put towards explaining the situation and solving it amicably. But I guess people love their torches and pitchforks so what the hell.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bloodscythe said:

I"m saddened to see this become a kvk thing all over again vs sticking to the issues.  The reason why it's good idea to not go into kvk rationals and stick to issues go beyond bias but more into well you may support that one day if i benefits your kingdom but the pendulum swings both ways and usually are the first to cry how unfair something is when the very same thing they once enjoyed happens to them.  It is for this i truly wished players didn't trash other players for kingdom affiliation but look at what is good for the player base as an entirety.  

Nimbyism= not in my back yard, the notion oh it's a great idea as long as it isn't next to my house and doesn't  impact me.

All politics are local= that is the notion that state regulation knows not what is best to a local municipality only those living within it are best versed.  Yet failing to concede to the notion they don't live in a vaccum and regionalism is a think where the surround evirons impact each other.  The point here is people often side with what suits their individual needs best vs the collective.

Both people that champ are in my kingdom lol. And one of them is in my village.

Ive always hold the people I play with to a higher stander. I play for fun and I expect others around me to do the same. I’ve always had strict rules when I was leading raid etc. I don’t play to drive people off the game or grief. Which seems to be the norm for the kids who’ve been play the last 4 years. Disgusting and toxic.

I told my guy it wouldn’t go well for him and he chose to ignore it. I just wish I was on discord when others in my group motivated  him to do it just so they could get a good laugh when he was punished.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

This mess could had been avoided if a GM would had approached us and been like: "Yo, wtf?" "Oh, sorry Mr. GM, we didn't mean to do that, we'll dechamp." Boom, problem solved. We regrind our faith, everyone happy.

<snip>my main concern is the fact you were able to champ up at 65 faith instead of 70 due to a bug.... investigating the darn thing, put a message about how bad it is to do it and how actions would be taken if you went with it... while the devs worked on a fix to prevent anyone from doing it in the future, is (or was) how it used to be done...</snip>

welp, i missed something somewhere then!

Edited by Odynn
meh! stuff!(tm)

3 minutes ago, Odynn said:

my main concern is the fact you were able to champ up at 65 faith instead of 70 due to a bug.... investigating the darn thing, put a message about how bad it is to do it and how actions would be taken if you went with it... while the devs worked on a fix to prevent anyone from doing it in the future, is (or was) how it used to be done...

You can champ at 50 faith. What are you talking about?

• To become a champion, you will need to be a priest with 50+ faith.

From the Wiki.

1 hour ago, Bloodscythe said:

I"m saddened to see this become a kvk thing all over again vs sticking to the issues.  The reason why it's good idea to not go into kvk rationals and stick to issues go beyond bias but more into while you may support that one day if it benefits your kingdom, the pendulum swings both ways and usually.  That same group once supporting the idea are the first to cry how unfair something is when the very same thing they once enjoyed happens to them.  It is for this i truly wished players didn't trash other players for kingdom affiliation but look at what is good for the player base as an entirety.  

A lot of folks came back recently to play. Unfortunately a lot of these folks are the same ones who used to promote game content that benefited them the most, over the entire community. My main issue is that they were away this whole time until they received word that some folks managed to get something good to happen, then they roll in and do everything they can to shape the new Epic to their liking within a week of it materializing. It is absolutely sickening. 

Edited by FranktheTank
  • Like 1

Just now, FranktheTank said:

A lot of folks came back recently to play. Unfortunately a lot of these folks are the same ones who used to promote game content that benefited them the most, over the entire community. My main issue is that they were away this whole time until they received word that some folks managed to get something good to happen, then they roll in and do everything they can to shape the new Epic to their liking within a week of it materializing. It is absolutely sickening. 

Is that how you feel about me

1 hour ago, AceRifle said:

Both people that champ are in my kingdom lol. And one of them is in my village.

Ive always hold the people I play with to a higher stander. I play for fun and I expect others around me to do the same. I’ve always had strict rules when I was leading raid etc. I don’t play to drive people off the game or grief. Which seems to be the norm for the kids who’ve been play the last 4 years. Disgusting and toxic.

I told my guy it wouldn’t go well for him and he chose to ignore it. I just wish I was on discord when others in my group motivated  him to do it just so they could get a good laugh when he was punished.

That is good to know and i find that admirable a trait when so many will do many things in order to  best their opponent to include breaking the rules or exploiting.  My post is not targeted at you but speaks in general over arching human behavior.  You don't need to justify it to me, i wasn't condemning your behavior nor condoning any others.  This has gotten blown out of proportion and is overshadowing what is to be an exciting launch where devs have worked hard to meet pvp players demands and wishes.  You have my respect.

2 hours ago, Olloch said:

I want to make the epic revival a success because I know darklords and ausimus put a ton of effort and continue to put a ton of effort in. I also know they do it for the love of the game and because they were players first. I hope everyone recognizes that and gives them at least that much.

Let's all remember this please, for at the core, the pvp community begged for changes, and your calls were heard and These two dudes among a few others have worked endlessly to roll out for us a conservative patch gap of an experience until they can address larger changes months down the line. 

At the moment , I feel like I'm at that dysfunctional family thanksgiving where the perv uncle was caught leering at a cousin and dropping his utensils often.

Dad got too drunk and smacked mom, which made lil sis cry.

Grandma stormed out of the house in a huff forgetting her keys and purse, tripped over the dog sneaking out and face planted on the sidewalk.

Another aunt chose in a moment of anxiety to bring up her husbands infidelity with her sister's husband..yes husband. 

Meanwhile the dog got nervous came back in the house and dropped a hot pile on the living room carpet under the coffee table to find out it has worms likely from always stealing kitty caramels from the litter box. 

Lastly, the middle brother not old enough to drive is next door in the neighbors tree house listening to puff the magic dragon with his rug rat pack friends.

• Like 1