Sign in to follow this  

Not when the terms of dechamp were set like 2 days ago lmao

Edited by Mclavin

@Retrograde& @Darklords

Seems alot of info been left out of the patch notes is there a reason for this, cause im now wondering if there is more info missing that never got posted on the elev reset, pls update us with the full list and not one with things missing ty

Edited by Erin

3 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

You made a punitive and obscure announcement by posting on a thread as a reply that players champing after the valrei international post would be penalized by reseting their faith to 1. Arakiel, a longstanding member of the community who played since the Gold days decided to champ to get his journal entry complete. We had seen the valrei international post that Champs would not loose their faith. Given Arakielx was 5 points away from 70, we didn't think this would be a big deal, so we started sailing. While we were sailing you decided to make this ruling that anyone who champs will have their faith set to 1. An hour later we had champed. Just for your information, it takes over 1 hour to travel from Desertion West to Elevation East.

I contacted you and I explained what the deal was. You could had easily said: "Okay Angel, no problem. Just have Arakielx dechamp and everything is good." Everything would had been fine. But you insisted we were abusing the system. We abused what? 5 faith points? When we have 10+ accounts to do our own private sermons. Well, whatever. It then ocurred to Arakiel to dechamp to solve the issue. He was pretty upset at the whole deal and we've decided to not participate on Epic anymore, so whatever. We thought that was that.

But no. You went full arrogance and decided to privately message me on discord:

1de844bc5501aa299d67d155c932b27c.png

You privately messaged me this. Without me asking. You just up and PM'd me. Wow, what a nice guy! He is forgiving Arakiel for his outrageous exploit to game the system out of ... of... oh thats right... out of nothing! You created a crisis all in your head and decided to punish your loving community for their transgressions. Instead of being understanding, realize it was not done in bad faith, and worked with your players to come to a resolution, you decided to simply use your position to exact punishment. And then you wonder why people leave.

Your arrogance knows no bounds, retro. You make an example out of people who love this game. We're pulling out from Epic and most likely the game because of you. YOU specifically. The guy who's job is to keep the community together an engaged. The guy who has always said that he has no power and no say on GM decisions. Yet here you are making policy and delivering punishment to your players. I really hope you are happy of what you've accomplished.

You are singlehandedly killing this game dude. You should rethink the way you do business.

I do apologise for not thinking of the dechamping option, I should have thought about it last night and relayed it to the dev team as to whether it was an agreeable solution, after seeing arakiel dechamp I spoke with Enki and got permission to reduce it. 

I will however say that attempting to game any system is the same, being just 5 points is the same as 50, it's still attempting to game a system. I want epic to succeed and that will require stamping out any attempts to bypass mechanics or rules, if resetting to 1 was harsh, then perhaps players should think twice before attempting to do so. 

16 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

I do apologise for not thinking of the dechamping option, I should have thought about it last night and relayed it to the dev team as to whether it was an agreeable solution, after seeing arakiel dechamp I spoke with Enki and got permission to reduce it. 

I will however say that attempting to game any system is the same, being just 5 points is the same as 50, it's still attempting to game a system. I want epic to succeed and that will require stamping out any attempts to bypass mechanics or rules, if resetting to 1 was harsh, then perhaps players should think twice before attempting to do so. 

so why are the ppl who are in champ places getting 70 faith? if u dechamp ur faith should be 50 

reason for that is u only needed 50 faith to champ up, I have never know anyone who needed to hit 70faith to champ up

so u saying about ppl working the system well gianna walked out with 70 faith for taking a risk 2 or 3 weeks ago on a champ up, he should be reset to 50faith 

@Retrograde

Edited by Erin

16 minutes ago, Erin said:

so why are the ppl who are in champ places getting 70 faith? if u dechamp ur faith should be 50 

reason for that is u only needed 50 faith to champ up, I have never know anyone who needed to hit 70faith to champ up

so u saying about ppl working the system well gianna walked out with 70 faith for taking a risk 2 or 3 weeks ago on a champ up, he should be reset to 50faith 

@Retrograde

Setting to 70 faith is due to the removal of champs entirely, and to soften the blow to existing legitimate champs. if Gianna became a champ over 5 weeks ago (last week of May) then they legitimately played as a champ during that time, and 5 weeks of sermons would have them higher.

At some point we need to make a decision and a cut off, that information may have been better kept until the update, but it does not mean with that information players should be able to take advantage of it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Retrograde said:

Setting to 70 faith is due to the removal of champs entirely, and to soften the blow to existing legitimate champs. if Gianna became a champ over 5 weeks ago (last week of May) then they legitimately played as a champ during that time, and 5 weeks of sermons would have them higher.

At some point we need to make a decision and a cut off, that information may have been better kept until the update, but it does not mean with that information players should be able to take advantage of it.

IF BIG WORD IF HE DID SERMONS IF IF IF IF 

27 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

If u dont do any of these things im out dude, im freaking out. 

tenor.gif?itemid=8702984

Edited by Egard
  • Like 1

icu c rr a.  baby come back, any kind of fool could see, there is something...

12 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

so will there be a free path swap or nah

no but  I like your new cat.

Ausimus is one of the best people I know. I don't question his integrity at all.
I think at the very worst its going to be difficult for Ausimus to pretend he doesn't know the map, or let others lead.

As far as TC gaining an advantage overall, I doubt it. Will Ausimus have a leg up on people? Yeah probably for the first few days. Will he act on it? Not consciously.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Gladiator said:

remove the dev's right to play the PVP, i honestly still do not understand why devs are allowed to PVP. 

None of the staff should pvp, ever.  Even CA's can see information that can potentially affect pvp outcomes.  

Edited by madnezz
  • Like 4

Remember when people use to cry about Rolf not playing the game and now we have devs playing and people are still crying lol.

Dev should of kept the 1 faith punishment. It look weak going back on your word. Also should perma forum ban the kids crying about dev favoritisms it toxic. 

• Like 4

I think rolf used to secretly be the mayor of some spawn settlements with his alts iirc. Didn't he try PvP and get raided out of existence too?

Why would he need to be secretly mayor of spawns lol, its pretty obvious a staff toon holds the deeds...

• Like 2

It wasn't obvious it was him and not just GM alts though iirc. 
Rolf would get blasted by PMs if he was known to be online (as he was when he came on for things like the facepunch invasion of inde breaking the concurrent playercount record)

Edited by paterso

6 minutes ago, paterso said:

I think rolf used to secretly be the mayor of some spawn settlements with his alts iirc. Didn't he try PvP and get raided out of existence too?

Yeah Rolf and like 2 others were playing. Mongols found out and destroyed him. But the changes he made to the game when he was actually play were great.

31 minutes ago, madnezz said:

None of the staff should pvp, ever.  Even CA's can see information that can potentially affect pvp outcomes.  

Yeah yeah.

Hey sorry everyone volunteering their time to make the game better. We don't actually want you to play the game cause you might gain some advantage.

Continue to slave away for free but don't ever try and play the game.

• Like 5

I mean I was on PvP for a tiny while as Community Mod and Forum Mod. I didn't play long enough on it to have an impact imo, but I can see the argument tbh. Volunteering as staff is still volunteering for a responsibility. Even if you think you're impartial, it's muddying the waters of public perspective.

Edited by paterso
  • Like 1

Anytime a GM has answered my ticket as it relates to pvp, I've never had a question on whether or not there was any information being used maliciously.

Speaking for @SmeJack helped me numerous times while in the enemy kingdom on a pvp server, and I never experienced anything adverse.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Retrograde said:

The part you dont seem to understand is no one was trying to game anything. You guys created a mechanic that caused this problem and players used that mechanic. We were not trying to game anything. We just wanted a journal entry done, something done by many others before us. The 5 points are COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT since, once again, we have our own private 10+ man sermon group.We can get 5 points done in mo time. Sure, it would had been nice to not loose the faith, but that doesn't mean we were trying to game anything.

Not everyone who plays on a pvp server is trying to exploit. Maybe if your heart was in the right place you would understand that. Stop being so arrogant!

3 minutes ago, Olloch said:

Anytime a GM has answered my ticket as it relates to pvp, I've never had a question on whether or not there was any information being used maliciously.

Speaking for @SmeJack helped me numerous times while in the enemy kingdom on a pvp server, and I never experienced anything adverse.

I mean she was also in your kingdom for a much longer time so invalid point bud.

Yo staff get freebies now? 5 years after I quit, smh...

I've been on WU for a long time now across one or two servers which have died out, and honestly WO itself looks like such a mess looking in from the outside now. The codebase is clearly a major mess causing insane delays between WO and WU (There really is no excuse for 6 month delays for a fix for Nvidia GPUs causing WU players to be unable to play which WO got almost immediately). The game is clearly dying and the old vibe of taking on new lands etc isn't really there anymore. PR team has always been a bit of a joke on Wurm, let's just be honest, they're famous for being damage-control and even now I see PR team defending the game like "That said, I have many players enjoying the community aspect of the news", but come on there's not that many people left to enjoy the news because whatever the game is doing isn't working. The game is on a business model of attrition, and then we get to see stuff like "oh hey we're finally gonna give a fresh map, sort of, but it's gonna be built by people on that PvP map", and then this dechamp punishment stuff where clearly there was just no thought put into it until the remnants of the community had a justifiable outcry over it.

The team needs to stop defending the dying practises and realize maybe stuff needs to change. I remember the old days when we said wurm was dying and the argument was "well it's not dead yet is it", but let's be honest it really is getting there. Not once have I ever had an email from wurm saying like "oh hey you've not subbed in ages, if you resub now for 2 months we'll give you -50% off that resub" or anything that would motivate me or others to try and return. As a long-gone player looking in again recently, all there is to see is the controversies that are marking Wurm's twilight years, and there's no real attempt to reverse course.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Angelklaine said:

The part you dont seem to understand is no one was trying to game anything. You guys created a mechanic that caused this problem and players used that mechanic. We were not trying to game anything. We just wanted a journal entry done, something done by many others before us. The 5 points are COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT since, once again, we have our own private 10+ man sermon group.We can get 5 points done in mo time. Sure, it would had been nice to not loose the faith, but that doesn't mean we were trying to game anything.

Not everyone who plays on a pvp server is trying to exploit. Maybe if your heart was in the right place you would understand that. Stop being so arrogant!

You got your journal entry right? If that was all you where after then why are you still posting? Sounds like a win win to me. Other dude got to keep his faith and your guy got his journal check. Move long.

4 minutes ago, AceRifle said:

You got your journal entry right? If that was all you where after then why are you still posting? Sounds like a win win to me. Other dude got to keep his faith and your guy got his journal check. Move long.

First is not my account bud. Second, we already stated we're not playing on Epic anymore. So yeah.

As to why I keep posting? Because I want to. Because its my computer and I do what I want. And because I am upset at the way Retro handled this and I am voicing it out.

If you don't like it, then stop reading. No one is forcing you.

• Like 1