Sign in to follow this  

2fSLKZY.png

Hi Everyone!
I deeply apologise for the late VI, the main reason being we've been able to get through huge chunks of long term projects such as project Frontier and Elevation reset. This means that news is light as the other works have been pacing along well! 

The delay allowed me to collect all the info on the Elevation update with the full locked in systems to share. So let's get to it!

Save the date! 

The final details have been locked down for the Epic patch and Elevation reset! The date is set at going down some time on the 9th, and relaunching on the 11th with a new map. This will affect all of Epic so if you would like to play please do make sure to transfer your character to Freedom. We may even be able to organise something so Elevation goes out with some bangs! 

The locked in details are:

Spoiler
  • New Map(2k Size by Ausimus)
  • 150 Max digging slope
  • 60 max surface mining slope/tunneling slope
  • 3 tiles between mine doors
  • 5 Drain deed disbands
  • Meditation abilities over level 9 no longer work
  • Characteristics and Fighting related skills receive less combat bonus in the higher levels(scaling)
  • Removed rare bonus from boats(No replacement for now)
  • Rare horse gear now takes less damage instead of granting a speed bonus
  • Horses give birth faster
  • Fresh Item Pool, cannot cross items from home server to elevation and back
  • No Traders like Xanadu
  • Cross server mail disabled for duration of item ban
  • Increased cooldowns on the more overpowered meditation abilities.
  • Physical bonus and debuff changed to fall damage.
  • Karma home disabled.
  • No new champions, current champions will be dechamped without the stat loss and will be given 70 faith.
  • Cannot ride or hitch hell horses.

We also have the ingame map that will be available. We'll be launching with a fog of war covering all of Elevation. Over time we may unveil certain areas, but for now everyone will be going in blind.

6nhUurp.png

Going native
We're also working on a native launcher client to replace the jnlp client very soon. It will be entering team testing for any major issues then be available for all. This won't change anything beyond how the game is launched but will avoid any issues with getting wurm to launch with jnlp.

Party time!

Last week the 10th Anniversary for Independence event was launched, and it's been awesome. It's been tweaked based on feedback with some locations given a little more info and should be easier to find. I hope everyone enjoys the reward, because I personally think it's amazing! The event will run all July until the update on the 25th, so get to it!

VEN streamer and well known drongo Emoo also went on this adventure across Independence, sharing some of his stories and memories, including this awesome glow up of dragonfang! 

Spoiler

GsX27xX.jpg

lttbUZu.jpg

Suggesting suggestive suggestions

Another thing in the works is a guide for the suggestions forum detailing the purpose of the suggestions forum and how we as developers use it. Tips on how to post a good suggestion, how to support or counter a suggestion (hint: it's not a democracy with +1's and -1's deciding a winner) as well as answers to commonly suggested ideas. 
Expect to see this next week.

Community stream

Later today at 10pm GMT I will be streaming some adventures on another server (we may even have some goodies to give away) ! I haven't picked which server but I will let hint that we are looking for a place to found a developer deed, where we can play the game on stream while we talk (and show how bad we are at it). If you have any suggestions about which server we should check out leave a message below! 

In the future we'll be looking at streaming earlier in the evening for the Euro players, around 8pm GMT

That's it from us this week, I'll see you all on stream today and we'll be working hard to get everything ready for the Epic update on the 9th.

Until then though... Keep on Wurming!

Retrograde & the Wurm team

• Like 17

Did you read at lease ?    ?

Should leave it at fog of war , so players need to unveil it ..

Wurm of Duty goes on sale July 11th, reserve your copy now!  What a joke.

• Like 3

You are removing the physical damage buff and replacing with a fall damage buff then the debuffs need to be reworked to be equally useless. Having a fire debuff in exchange for a fall damage buff is really unbalanced. The tomes were meant to be PVP rewards and never or almost never is a fall damage buff going to play into pvp. 

Edited by Definitelynotamber
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, madnezz said:

Placation need not make sense.

Never once in all the time I played this game did I see pvp on the side of a mountain or even a big hill. So you are right, it doesn't make sense.

Just now, Definitelynotamber said:

Never once in all the time I played this game did I see pvp on the side of a mountain or even a big hill. So you are right, it doesn't make sense.

just as helpfull as water damage reduction

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Going native
We're also working on a native launcher client to replace the jnlp client very soon. It will be entering team testing for any major issues then be available for all. This won't change anything beyond how the game is launched but will avoid any issues with getting wurm to launch with jnlp.

News like that scare us Linux users and at least I got the feeling we might get shafted. Would it be possible to reassure us we're not forgotten?

• Like 1

No new champions, current champions will be dechamped without the stat loss and will be given 70 faith.

Wait hold up, like no new champs at all on Elevation?

1 hour ago, Definitelynotamber said:

You are removing the physical damage buff and replacing with a fall damage buff then the debuffs need to be reworked to be equally useless. Having a fire debuff in exchange for a fall damage buff is really unbalanced. The tomes were meant to be PVP rewards and never or almost never is a fall damage buff going to play into pvp. 

You never had to jump off a dirt wall into a horde of MR at Sparta to get 10s from posteh?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Lothak said:

News like that scare us Linux users and at least I got the feeling we might get shafted. Would it be possible to reassure us we're not forgotten?

Don't worry, Linux and Mac are getting native launchers as well - you won't have to bother with installing Java and all anymore there too.

• Like 5

Fog of war just makes this 50000% more interesting

List of changes are good

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 1

No way to implement an interactive map? Show areas as you explore, etc.? Current location pinpoint, etc.

edit:

I really like the idea of no map too. Let players build their own maps.

Edited by Entendu
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Wilczan said:

C17, C18 land confirmed : P

As always, devs favoring WLers?

:)

1 hour ago, Samool said:

Don't worry, Linux and Mac are getting native launchers as well - you won't have to bother with installing Java and all anymore there too.

I've just had to install the javaws on a fresh ubuntu - now it is a manual process only with teh Oracle changes and it .... well....  <censored>.

A very good move, I don't see many Linux users to go through all the hassle to start wurm (jnlp is Oracle only so other java packages won't do the magic).

So I welcome a lot the new launcher.

You should set your deed on Release next to mine so I can come and  torment you help you while you stream ;)

• Like 1

Plz make pmk's availible somehow on new Elevation, that or pure alliance/deed "teams".

Ps. pmk will give some cash to CC aswell.

• Like 2

The FoW looks cool! And only 150-slope walls: it's a start. :)

8 hours ago, Retrograde said:

In the future we'll be looking at streaming earlier in the evening for the Euro players, around 8pm GMT

Thank you so much!

33 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

The FoW looks cool! And only 150-slope walls: it's a start. :)

Maybe I am incorrect on this, but it's 150 per tile. So walls can still be as high as you want, it just takes double the tiles.