Sign in to follow this  
Mordraug

Fix the AH code already!

Seriously..... a skill where it's best to "stop at 50" and only use 5 traits of the 17 available.  THAT IS BAD CODE!  THAT IS NOT SANDBOX, THAT'S WoW COOKIE CUTTERING! 

A skill where you are punished for going beyond 5 traits because the RNG goes so insane that even breeding both parents with the same traits (7 in my hell horses' case) results in having to cull between 1/2 and 4/5 of the foals in order to keep a bloodline of 5 speeds with the desired traits.  To add insult to injury, the undesired traits tend to overwrite one of the 5 speed traits.

OF COURSE it will result in massive herds being kept, gotta throw quantity at the RNG to stand a chance against the statistics.

Suggestion:  add a modifier to the trait probability code where on top of the usual chances to pass the parents' trait, an extra possibility of success is calculated based on one's AH level.

• Like 2

Good idea, or even go so far as locking traits once you hit 90 AH, say 7 traits lockable and 2 random traits so you still get variations of traits and colors.

+1

higher skill should give you more control

I think the whole animal companion / pet / mount system in this game is severely lacking.

I also think that nobody should touch it until they figure out a way to revamp the whole thing. Suddenly making Animal Husbandry useful is gonna make a lot of people who only took it to 50 mad. 

The same goes with meditation, unless u rethink the whole entire system you can't fix the broken parts , you'd just make the others more broken.

+1 to pet related skills rethought 

-1 to your suggestion alone

Edited by Gladiator

I was thinking that Retro said devs were looking at being able to use genesis to remove unwanted neutral traits (Keen Fierce Tough Healthy) which might help, people with 8 trait horses could opt to remove non speed traits making it less likely a foal will overwrite a speed trait with a random trait (more slots reopened)

But as some people might actually want these (for some sort of Battle Mount) they would probably need to figure a way to actually SELECT which traits genesis removes

1 hour ago, Gladiator said:

I think the whole animal companion / pet / mount system in this game is severely lacking.

I also think that nobody should touch it until they figure out a way to revamp the whole thing. Suddenly making Animal Husbandry useful is gonna make a lot of people who only took it to 50 mad. 

The same goes with meditation, unless u rethink the whole entire system you can't fix the broken parts , you'd just make the others more broken.

+1 to pet related skills rethought 

-1 to your suggestion alone

We better take what we can get at this point, the devs that handled big overhauls no longer work for the company.  

Suddenly making Animal Husbandry useful is gonna make a lot of people who only took it to 50 mad. 

That's a silly statement, why would someone be mad at getting more abilities for higher skill levels?  The entire game is based on this premise.  If they are getting mad now over an AH improvement maybe they need a checkup from the neck up.  AH is no where near as complex as meditation, you are talking apples to oranges orangutans.

Edited by madnezz

2 hours ago, Gladiator said:

Suddenly making Animal Husbandry useful is gonna make a lot of people who only took it to 50 mad. 

I did word it carefully thinking about that (and will take this opportunity to clarify to our devs in case they missed it).

4 hours ago, Mordraug said:

Suggestion:  add a modifier to the trait probability code where on top of the usual chances to pass the parents' trait, an extra possibility of success is calculated based on one's AH level.

Meaning the old calculation remains, so 50AH wouldn't change in that sense (at least that's the theory).  What would be modified is above 50AH.  In fact, I'll add that the extra modifier would be best left null up until lv60.

........... and +1 to adding orangutans.

Edited by Mordraug