Sign in to follow this  
whereami

[Bug] Rare Scissors blade does not result in rare when combined?

So I just got lucky enough to make a supreme steel scissors blade, yay.

I go to combine it with a normal scissor blade active to make a whole, supreme pair of scissors as I have done with iron ones many times before. Only this time, no supreme scissors. Not even a little bit.

I replicated this with another rare scissor blade, tried the opposite way, thinking I might have done it wrong. Rare blade active. Still nothing.

Has something changed that I am unaware of, or is this (un)intended?

As far as I know, this is intended, rarity transfer is 100% when you have a rare tool or weapon head.

Anything else has the regular very low chance of turning rare or supreme as usual, regardless if one part is rare or not.

But one half of the scissors IS considered a tool head, is it not? Why else would it have worked for me literally every time I've tried it in the past?

I specifically looked this up in WU code, and found that to guarantee the transfer the rare item needs to be the one you rightclick, with the regular one active, and it's always worked a charm for me.

To give you an idea, I've probably made about 6 of these that I can immediately recall. Never until now, when I decided to use steel, have I encountered this problem.

Edited by whereami

I've made both rare and supreme scissors this way. they changed it to not transfer runes from both blades for a maximum of six some time ago, i imagine it broke it then.

Aye, based off what I know about the code alone, I'm 95% sure this is unintended. It would really be nice to have this fixed.

As a side note, it would be SUPER sweet if I could get my supreme scissor blade back since I lost it due to a bug. Won't even sweat the rare one. But I won't hold my breath. Would be nice though, since y'all used to reward people for reporting bugs, and I'm not really even asking for a reward, just a replacement of what I lost due to it.

• Like 1

I made a rare silver scissor blade the other day*

I activated the rare silver part and right-click combined with a plain iron blade (both made in archaeology).

My findings were:

• The rarity transferred.
  • The finished rare was iron

My conclusions are:

• Activate the rare part and right click the plain part to transfer rarity.
  • The metal type comes from the non-activated part.

Hope this helps! :) 

*Tues18th-Weds19th June

Edited by Muse

This is a result of the change in march where only active enchants/runes transferred with scissors.

After discussion with the dev team, the rarity not transferring wasn't mentioned in that and ultimately wasn't intentional. If you log a support ticket we'll rectify that.

• Like 4

I'm unsure if the metal type has anything to do with it, I'm simply reporting what I have experienced.

As you'll also note, I tried this BOTH ways, by activating or not the rare part doesn't actually change the outcome (or shouldn't) but since I've seen in code that the material is taken from the item RIGHT CLICKED (not activated) I have always played it safe and made sure I right click the item that is rare when creating. Since basically all items assume their rarity from the item which determines material type.

@Retrograde Awesome, many thanks

[17:02:58] Your request for assistance has been submitted to online chat moderators, game masters and developers. Please wait patiently!

Edited by whereami
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, whereami said:

code that the material is taken from the item RIGHT CLICKED (not activated) I have always played it safe and made sure I right click the item that is rare when creating. Since basically all items assume their rarity from the item which determines material type.

I always thought to know that rarity will ONLY transfer if the rare part is the activated one - and only if it is the "head part". As scissors ave two identical parts that may work differently? Or am I simply fully wrong and there is no importance of which part is active?

Is this still broken? It's been a month, guess this needs a bump. Just lost another blade to this bug because memory. RIP

You can currently create rare scissors with the rare blade active - does it need to be the only item which works this way?

Edited by whereami