Sign in to follow this  
paterso

Double-Size UI

So we all know wurm is a dated java game that doesn't like to scale a single thing.
But honestly can we just like get a "Double-Size UI" mode where all UI parts are physically doubled in size, fonts included?

I say this because I jumped up to a 4K screen lately after being on 1440p for a few years (It was as cheap as a replacement 1440p so meh), and I quickly realized I will probably have to go down to lower resolutions just to play:

mKazbpt.jpg

WU doesn't support 4k. So yeah there is no solution expect scaling down to HD.

We just need a slider for UI Scaling.  I like having many small clients open for running several alts at once and the UI is horribly large for them.  Maybe a 400% to 25% slider.  That ought to cover everyone's needs.  The worst things for me are the map and craft windows.  On your screen, that map looks fantastic!

• Like 2

I understand why they don't do a full scaling UI in the sense that they don't want to have to rewrite a ton of stuff and then have issues with inaccurate scaling, but a 2x UI mode would be a clean scaling, and imo would be a great benefit. Suddenly 1440p is far more usable, and 4K will be bearable.

11 minutes ago, Wurmhole said:

We just need a slider for UI Scaling.  I like having many small clients open for running several alts at once and the UI is horribly large for them.  Maybe a 400% to 25% slider.  That ought to cover everyone's needs.  The worst things for me are the map and craft windows.  On your screen, that map looks fantastic!

+1 from me

41 minutes ago, Etherdrifter said:

+1 from me

sadly that is not as easy as it sounds

It would certainly be more work to do it right.  But even better would be if a rockstar programmer found a way to make it easy enough for our devs to consider attempting it.  I don't mean this to sound like they can't without help.  I know they have many priorities and the more complex a feature that isn't a priority, the less likely for it to ever happen (with good reason).

right click shortcut, choose compatibility then click on change high DPI settings.

07qKS3j.jpg

Spoiler

2K upscaled to 4K (tv hardware, windowed full screen)

duJe3iI.jpg
and the font isn't set to max
l1psO8w.jpg

Edited by Steveleeb

On 7/1/2019 at 4:47 PM, Steveleeb said:

right click shortcut, choose compatibility then click on change high DPI settings.

07qKS3j.jpg

Hide contents

2K upscaled to 4K (tv hardware, windowed full screen)

duJe3iI.jpg
and the font isn't set to max
l1psO8w.jpg

Yeah that always makes my UI so big I can only see the top-left quarter of it, irrespective of which kind of DPI override I use. Wurm's Windowed Fullscreen is secretly just crappy old fullscreen and ignores the resolution you gave it and runs to your desktop res when scaling the UI on its end.